Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: best choice shtf rifle?

Feedback Score

First is having a plan for staying put, or bugging out. The situation would dictate the "TOOLS" for the job. We have our "BOB" Bug out bag that has three days worth of supplies, tools and some creature comforts, and a good dome tent. This along with the folding AK that could be kept out of sight and a Glock 40 at the ready. I don't plan on getting involved in any protracted engagement, just to evade to get to our hunt cabin to sit/sort it out. The staying put plan would be the shotgun for up close and personal and the handgun for general carry indoors as they can be put into action quickly. The lone wolf sniper mentality is not the best of plans. We have a few trusted friends that are like minded and can be counted on in a SHTF situation. After all you can't stay on guard, forage and carry out general camp duties alone 24/7. I would keep a low profile no military clothes or gear visible, just stuff that I bought at Tractor Supply. I want to appear or disappear into the woodwork.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have nothing that would take out a tank. It would be time then to make a run for it.

Unless I could scavenge an RPG from some dead squad member we took out.[/quote]
    An RPG against a modern day tank? hehehehehe

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

If you are about to get it next. At least give it a try.

Maybe you can blow a track apart?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The minute I saw Tanks I'd be haulin ass. I got nothin that good

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    .22 mag. Then if they start getting too close pop em with this baby. I don't know how this would work on like deer or squirrel. But there should be some meat left around to make a sandwich.

Venison ceviche anyone!

Although most may disagree, I like what the modular platform of an AR allows. Dedicated mags and uppers and ammo for various medium range calibers and a person could have most what he needs as far as offensive/defensive firepower. In close, I'd be happy with a 410 and a 1911 double stack when you want to say howdy; or goodbye if you prefer! Having the career I have; while living in the region I do, I'm privy to a crap load of potential sources to acquire what is/might be necessary to survive. The one thing I haven't seen anyone suggest or recommend pertaining to food is traps and snares! Also, those who are fortunate enough to be dug in would likely want grain and water. Evasion is not that difficult, surviving is hell!

Sorry I got a bit off topic. This thread has me thinking a bit too much!
    Want to buy: Tantal Left and Right side selector parts.

RRORC!
    I'm no sheep!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

All of us are thinking about this! It is scary. And, it is about to happen.

Could you have imagined that the government could possibly get worse? Now, it is fixing to be a quite a bit worse.

Some who are taking a light view point on what is coming will be stuck with next to nothing.

It is going to be real hard to survive that first month after the SHTF. But, if you can make it, a lot of the ones who sit back and ride the government and us for a living will perish one way or another.

But then, you will have to next keep a sharp eye out for the ones who are smarter.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

STealth and infinite patience.
    Allow the fools to fight the righteous war.
    The real battle will be for drinkable water, edible food.
    Figure Al Gore as the penultimate idiot. The onset of a minor
    ice age will occur in a worse case. Plan for it. Survive.
    Darwin's theory, make him proud.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    All of us are thinking about this! It is scary. And, it is about to happen.

Could you have imagined that the government could possibly get worse? Now, it is fixing to be a quite a bit worse.

Some who are taking a light view point on what is coming will be stuck with next to nothing.

It is going to be real hard to survive that first month after the SHTF. But, if you can make it, a lot of the ones who sit back and ride the government and us for a living will perish one way or another.

But then, you will have to next keep a sharp eye out for the ones who are smarter.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just to clarify my previous post, if I'm in a uniform, with a med bag and Beretta, it's because I'm sticking to my duty, which is medical support.

If I was home, it'd more than likely be my saiga .223, or FAL, though I wouldn't put the 10/22 or my Ithaca 37 out of the picture, as those are the two I keep beside my bed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If possible I would have either my Rock River AR-15 or my Bulgy SA-M5, either one of those with detachable optical sight and iron sights and my sidefolding Ruger 10-22 which has a quick detachable scope and iron sights and my Glock M19 with night sights. I would feel very confident in most situations. All of these guns are very rugged, probably won't have parts breaking and are easy to maintain and ammo for them is readily available in 5.56/.223, 22LR and 9mm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Just keep the plastic guns out of the sun!

But, everyone appears to be well prepared.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.