View Poll Results: Do you have a Bug-Out Bag?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 21.74%
  • Yes, and it includes a Pistol

18 26.09%
  • Yes, and it includes a Rifle

12 17.39%
  • No, I do not have one

24 34.78%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Bug-Out bag?

Feedback Score

Default Do you have a Bug-Out bag?

Ok, in the last few years this seems to be something that is becoming more and more popular. Do you keep one, and whether or not it includes a weapon.

Personally I keep one. It is kept at my Apartment, however in the past has resided in my trunk. It includes a decent Med-Kit, a change of clothes, a days worth of food, a handgun and a decent supply of ammo.
    Infantryman
    Two Combat Tours
    Criminal Justice Major.
    15 years of shooting under the belt
    Collection of both modern and antique handguns and rifles
    STILL A YOUNG MAN WITH LOTS OF TIME

Feedback Score

Dont have one. I have a "just in case" bag. Which has a med kit, glow sticks, candles, flint, poncho's, paper fliter mask's, knifes, multi tool, water purification, machette (bad spelling), sharpie, flares, blanket, that kind of stuff. I also have a good stock pile of water and food in the same place. It is more geared for natural disasters, power loss, evacuations....ext. No cloths, guns, or ammo. I want it to be ok (legal) for my wife to grab if she needs to and leave with, if im deployed. Or just to have all that crap in one place for what ever happens, I dont need to go looking for all that crap. A BOB is a good idea I think. I just need to add a few more things to my "disaster kit" first. Good poll though.
    If your in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    -someone importanat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yup, and I used it a couple of weeks ago to get out of Ike's path. Not complete, but I'm learning. And though the bugout bag does NOT have firearms, they're always handy and taken in these types of situations. Plus a lot of ammo.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default We call them "Bail-Out Bags"

Yes!

One for each member of the family, with one each for Dog and Kat.

Several components to the 'bags:

Basic, with Med, Food, Hydration, basic clothes, knife, extra stuff like matches, compass, etc.

Secondary, Kept in garage, and ready; Lots of food, additional goodies, additional clothing.

Bail-out: Gets put together in 10 minutes: Weapons, Ammo, gear for such, and personal weapons for each family member (Makarovs, PA-63s, Hi-Powers).

Since one of my kids just turned 8, she does not get one unless Mommy and I are dead.

I also have caches of supplies hidden along each of the four exit routes from my area of S. Kalifornia. More food, water, Gasoline, weapons, ammo, etc.

Next week I will be looking for a wrecked Pickup truck, so that I can make a trailer. The plan being that I will pre-provision it with everything needed and park it in the garage. Hook up, fill up, GO!

Yes, I know I am crazy and un-balanced. I can live with it.

Bellson

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Yes!

One for each member of the family, with one each for Dog and Kat.

Several components to the 'bags:

Basic, with Med, Food, Hydration, basic clothes, knife, extra stuff like matches, compass, etc.

Secondary, Kept in garage, and ready; Lots of food, additional goodies, additional clothing.

Bail-out: Gets put together in 10 minutes: Weapons, Ammo, gear for such, and personal weapons for each family member (Makarovs, PA-63s, Hi-Powers).

Since one of my kids just turned 8, she does not get one unless Mommy and I are dead.

I also have caches of supplies hidden along each of the four exit routes from my area of S. Kalifornia. More food, water, Gasoline, weapons, ammo, etc.

Next week I will be looking for a wrecked Pickup truck, so that I can make a trailer. The plan being that I will pre-provision it with everything needed and park it in the garage. Hook up, fill up, GO!

Yes, I know I am crazy and un-balanced. I can live with it.

Bellson
    And I thought I was crazy with my kit. But I do keep ammo cans stocked and at the ready just in case!
    Infantryman
    Two Combat Tours
    Criminal Justice Major.
    15 years of shooting under the belt
    Collection of both modern and antique handguns and rifles
    STILL A YOUNG MAN WITH LOTS OF TIME

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I feel that if we are required to move, the armed force making us leave won't let us take any guns or weapons. So I keep the guns here hiden, and the (bail out bag) or sealed 5gal bucket in my case in various locations one at a buddys house one burried in a local park & another in a local fishing area. All with a weapon, ammo, food, first-aid kit, emergency blanket & poncho, & other things with a Katadyn Exstream Purifier Bottle because water freezes, with the bottle I can get all the water I need.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

No, a bug out bag would not be one for efficient escape if it has enough material to load you down. A weapon in a bag is kind of pointless if you need it quick. If it has gotten to a point where you need to be running my point is you should have made your break already before it got that bad. I don't believe it is worth while to run from it in a thick dense city anyway. You would never be able to expend enough fire power to get through all of it to a safe point. By that time it is best to stand with all of your resources and make the best you can out of it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yes I have one. In it I keep 1) Fifth of Crown Royal 2) 12 Budweisers 3) 1/2 oz Hydro (or equivalent). I need these items double quick in the event I need to haul ass. These are also the hardest things to keep in stock.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Yup

Hi jdgabbard

And My wife thinks I'm psycho as well.....I don't care. She got really on-board with the idea when her friends saw the first-aid kit that I put together for her car....Sold a bunch of those!!!

In reality, they may never get used. But if I need them, they are there.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

All wives think we are lost!

Psycho is an understood deal.

Even my girlfriend thinks this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.