View Poll Results: Your choice off site storage firearm...

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • sks

50 21.46%
  • m 91/30

8 3.43%
  • hi point carbine

4 1.72%
  • m44/38

13 5.58%
  • mauser

10 4.29%
  • makarov 9x18

5 2.15%
  • semi auto .22 rifle

47 20.17%
  • used rem. 870 12 ga pump

37 15.88%
  • cz52, tt33 or similar

5 2.15%
  • other (please specify)

54 23.18%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: you can have 1 rifle to store...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I don't understand the arbitrary 200 dollar limit, but I would have to go with a 12 gauge. Mix up the ammo and you can defend yourself and feed yourself too. Remove the monetary limit and then I would go for a .223 chicom rifle with a folding stock. Carry a spare bolt/firing pin and ammo can be had anywhere. Eight mags prolly would suffice.

Feedback Score

Default Henry Survival rifle

I'd have one of those Henry rifles that can store the barrel and action in the stock.
    Fidel Castro: Comrades, our nation is completely bankrupt. We have no choice but to abandon communism. I call Washington and tell them they won.
    Aide: But Presidente, America tried to kill you!
    Fidel: Ah, they not so bad. They named a street after me in San Francisco. (aide whispers something in Fidel's ear) Is full of whaaaa?!

The Simpsons

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post
    If I had to pick one weapon, it would likely be a Mosin or an SKS.... The $200 price limit dictates a Mosin with a tin of ammo.

However my SHTF collection is a TT and a Mosin. I think that having both a rifle and a pistol is important. Although it's not a disposable gun, I think I would grab my AR-15 as well, it's an accurate intermediate range gun that my wife would be comfortable firing (where as 7,62x54R would be a little hard on her shoulder.)

Mark

In retrospect, I know that although semi auto is nice to have, I think that in the end there are other guns that I would consider now, especially the bolt action weapons.

Under $200, I think if I had to have 1 gun, and only 1 gun. It would be a bolt action rifle like my 8mm Vz.24 or Yugo 24/47. The simplicity of the mechanism is important. My mosin went bang everytime too, but it's headspaced tight and the bolt is not as nice as the mauser.

Another one I would consider.

Since we are talking under $200, I think that the PPS-43 might also be a good choice for a more close in weapon. Even a sten gun might be a good choice. Think ease of repair and simplicity of operation.

Yesterday at the range, my SKS gave me fits, my AR gave me fits, my RPK even had some feed issues with one mag. Yes, it was a pisser of a day. I think I will get them sorted out, but the gun must go bang every time (which all of my pistols thankfully did, with 0 failures to feed.)

Mark

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

For Under $200, I still have to go with a TT33 pistol.

Enough fire power and speed to make the difference in close battle.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'd like to change my vote to the .22 lr.
    It is SUCH a versatile rifle and depending on model VERY reliable.
    Sniping, low noise, high capacity magazine, light weight(REALLY quiet with subsonic ammo), a better choice than my original pick of the pump action 12 ga...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the $200 lid makes it tough. back in the good old days you could buy a lot of firepower for $200 but those days are long, long gone.

without self-defense being the main goal i would try to get one of those rifle shotgun over under deals. would be tough to find for $200 though. a 22 rim-fire or the LR or magnum maybe if i could find one for $200, maybe a pump shotgun.

self-defense being the priority a 12g pump, a mil-surp semi auto pistol or maybe a old bolt action rifle like a m44 could do. but that $200 limit would be daunting. best to save up some more $$ cause it is 2009 and a dollar don't go nowhere anymore!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

PICK ONE.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Used Ruger mk1 pistol. Choice based on weight, caliber and resulting advantages in the terrain it's buried in. Close, dense, wooded, and wet. So I'm lighter, faster, I can swim with it if I have to, it'll feed me well, plenty of ammo, plenty accurate, can be concealed, fits in its holster so I'm not likely to set it down to do something that requires both hands, and it keeps me honest about not thinking about taking on a superior force. As for serious social occasions, Both it and I can be quiet and sneaky so I can always upgrade, but I'd much rather cheat.

Oh and as for the rifle thing in the title, I'll carve you a stick and put it on back for you.

toy
    Feedback Score

I'll keep my S&W 629. SST won't rust, I reload my own ammo including light loads, for the small stuff, works for self defense and can be carried (even somewhat concealed) easily. And I can hit out to 100 yards fairly easily. (been practicing).

Feedback Score

i would have to eather go woith my my 30/30 or my grendel

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.