Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: pick one!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I like the CZ-82 enough that I have 54 of them and will be buying more when I return to Wyoming next week ahead of the Obamalypse. The CZ-82 is a nice little shooter and looks great when stripped, cleaned and blued.

Before:

After:

They make excellent CCW firearms. Don't leave home without it.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

firearms enthusiast kurts_armory's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

have a good source for the '82's in good condition with mags?
    gun control means hitting your target

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kurts_armory View Post
    have a good source for the '82's in good condition with mags?
    SOG and Centerfire Systems has them. Centerfire just got them and haven't put them on site yet. MCS and a few others have them at higher prices tho. Classic Arms appears to be out as of a couple weeks ago. J&G Sales has them but when you factor in the price of the extra mag you are paying about the same price (about $200).

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    i love my cz-82, very accurate hi-cap. `52's just don't fit my small hands it's the angle or something. now the TT33's is 7.65x25 and i like the feel if those and they are good shooters.
    BTW, sog is selling cz82's for $179 w/ 2 mags if they still have any.
    Come on, guys. They're not "hi-cap" if they were designed that way.

The Cz-82 has a magazine designed to hold 12 rounds. If Pro-Mag <urgh> or someone else designs a magazine for commercial sales that holds 13 or more rounds, that'd be a "hi-cap" for the Cz82.

Please stop reinforcing anti's brainwashing.

As far as the Cz82 versus Cz52, I own both and prefer the Cz82. It is smaller, has more cartridge designs available for it, and the 9x18 is more suitable for SD (the 7.62x25 round will be good for SD if you have 4 or 5 bad guys lined up).

The Cz52 has a helluva muzzle blast and gets tiresome after shooting it a while (gel filled batting gloves are a must, for a day at the range with one). It's also bigger than the Cz82.

Feedback Score

The Cz52 has an Art Deco look that I like - The ammo is cheap right now still but unfortunately most of it is for machine guns, although the gun can handle it. I have big hands so it no problem shooting it all afternoon. The 7.62x25 will dust a cement block up close. Mine will hit a beer can one out of three shoots at 50yds. It's not as good as my 45
    Govt. auto but what it heck. For a pocket gun I like a Walther pp but thats just me. If I
    ever have to use it I'll just shoot through the coat or fanny pack.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Machine gun ammo in the 7.62x25 isn't any different than sidearm ammo.

Think about it. Wartime situation, if you were supply or armory would you want unsafe sidearm ammo available that might kill YOUR guys, or ammo that worked in any possible configuration?

It's a rare load when sub or machine gun ammo is loaded "hot" and not suitable for any arbitrary firearm.

As far as fit and firing all day, it must be a personal thing. I find the 82 to be small and a poor fit to my grip but the 52 fits pretty well once I figured out the "high-hold" nature of the sidearm. No problems with either in extended firing for me.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

I would scratch the idea of the Cz-52 in favor of a TT-33, the 52's are cool collector pieces and stuff, but they are just not good guns. They beat themselves up on the ammo they were designed arround.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.