Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pick one!

firearms enthusiast kurts_armory's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default pick one!

i can get a cz 52 or similar, or a cz82. yes this is a "x versus y" post, but i am going to have about $230 extra once i get another little somthin... would like to know the pro's and cons of each, and which YOU would prefer. can pick up one from the local store when i pick up my build in a couple mo's, or i would have to order a cz 82.
    gun control means hitting your target

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i love my cz-82, very accurate hi-cap. `52's just don't fit my small hands it's the angle or something. now the TT33's is 7.65x25 and i like the feel if those and they are good shooters.
    BTW, sog is selling cz82's for $179 w/ 2 mags if they still have any.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

any way i can see the prices without a dealer login? otherwise that doesnt help too much -.-

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

do you have a C&R? if you do, you have to mail it to them to get a log in and monthly sales flyer. anyway, the web site is never updated. you have to go to their online monthly flyer to see what they have.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I don't like their method of "advertising" but Classic Arms has Romanian Tokarevs advertised for $220.

Same "rifle in your pocket" 7.62x25 as the CZ52 but the ergonomics are more like what folks are used to in a pistol.

That said, while my CZ52 has taken some work to get used to the grip, I love it. And, I bought the 9mm barrel for it so can shoot it either way.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have both and really like both of them for different reasons. Both are very accurate. The 82 fits my hand the best..the 52 is flat shaped vs the rounded grip of the 82. The 52 has a much more potent round than the mild 9x19. If I had to choose one, it would be the 82.

BTW - SOG has the 52 advertised for $119

coljo's post reminded me.......the 52 I have has an extremely heavy, stiff trigger pull. The trigger on the 82 is very good. Also, I did a Gunkote over park refinish on the 82 and it now looks brand new - easy enough to do.
    Last edited by Illya Kuryakin; 12-07-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

IMHO the CZ82's are the deal of the year. They probably will dry up quickly and rise in price. They are dependably, modern, and fun to shoot. I may buy a few more!
    The CZ-52's are fun to shoot but are one of the ugliest guns ever designed (again IMHO, no flames please).
    My buddies and I recently shot CZ-52's and Romanian Tokarevs for comparison. We all agreed that the Tokarevs were smoother shooting.
    Life is too short to drink cheap liquor, dance with ugly girls, or shoot wimpy firearms

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Heh - I hear folks say the CZ52 is ugly, strangely enough I think the 82's, Makarovs and Tokarevs are ugly and the 52 looks clean and sharp to me.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Heh - I hear folks say the CZ52 is ugly, strangely enough I think the 82's, Makarovs and Tokarevs are ugly and the 52 looks clean and sharp to me.
    agreed, lol.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The 52 has the fifties, rocket ship, sharp futuristic look.

Love the roller lockup on it. Uber cool !!

Did I do that?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.