View Poll Results: ammo,firearms, or spares?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • ammo

29 64.44%
  • firearms

3 6.67%
  • spare parts. lowers ,uppers, barrels FCG parts ect

3 6.67%
  • all of the above

10 22.22%
  • some of the above

4 8.89%
  • none of the above

1 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: firearms, ammo or spare parts??

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default firearms, ammo or spare parts??

with money being tight, ammo supply being tight and expensive , certain kinds of firearms being scarce. and parts getting expensive and scarce,

what would be at the top of the buy list if you only had a small budget to spend?

lets say you have a rifle, pistol and a shotgun --one each and about 150 rounds for each. yea i know most of us have much more --but this is a minimalist make do till better times sort of thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ammo. 150 rds disappears pretty fast, then you have an expensive club.

Feedback Score

Ammo first, then spare parts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Ammo first.

Spare parts to support a gun with only 150 rounds of ammo is pointless. Like changing spark plus after only 1.5 gallons of gas run through a car. Better fill the tank and forget about spare parts for now.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    Ammo first.

Spare parts to support a gun with only 150 rounds of ammo is pointless. Like changing spark plus after only 1.5 gallons of gas run through a car. Better fill the tank and forget about spare parts for now.
    true but with only three guns this person could consider another firearm and ammo. i suppose 150 rpg don't sound like much ammo. but i can think of a bunch of folks i know that don't have any where near that much. i should poll some of my hunter friends. i would guess that very few have 150 rounds per gun out side of rim-fire stuff. most of my deer hunting pals have around three boxes for each rifle subtracting what they shot this season.

this poll is more about the average gun owner/ hunter. most of us have thought far enough ahead to have stocked up a decent stash. this is about the guy that didn't and is just stuck with whatever he had from years back. sort of a low buck what to do now deal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Depends on the guns and what he wants to do with them. Bolt action centerfire hunting rifle, semi auto or revolver in a powerful caliber and a pump 12 guage, if he is leaning towards a SHTF defensive scenario he would probably do good to stock up on handgun and shotgun ammo, then possibly consider the purchase of a good semiauto rifle and ammo for it. If all he has is a single shot .410 and a couple .22s, well the priorities are different unless he's just looking to put small game on the table.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

With the price of ammo and fun guns going out of site I guess that I need to get into 22's.
    Have they outlawed slingshots or throwing rocks yet?
    If you want more gun control, use both hands.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    true but with only three guns this person could consider another firearm and ammo. i suppose 150 rpg don't sound like much ammo. but i can think of a bunch of folks i know that don't have any where near that much. i should poll some of my hunter friends. i would guess that very few have 150 rounds per gun out side of rim-fire stuff. most of my deer hunting pals have around three boxes for each rifle subtracting what they shot this season.

this poll is more about the average gun owner/ hunter. most of us have thought far enough ahead to have stocked up a decent stash. this is about the guy that didn't and is just stuck with whatever he had from years back. sort of a low buck what to do now deal.
    It needs to be ammo first.

I have talked with a lot of my buddies who are primarily hunters first, gun nut-jobs second. The ones who do own more than one gun all looked at how fast 60 or so rounds can go through a bolt gun, and have purchased more.

I will remind everyone that the Marines who went ashore on Guadalcanal in 1942 were equipped with only 100 rounds of ammo for their 1903 Springfield rifles.

Most have thought that getting a handgun and or a shotgun with ammo was a better idea than stacking up 1,000 rounds for their deer rifle.

Just for what it is worth.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i suppose it would depend on what the guy has--sort of like the spare parts. what if this fellow has a very well worn and some what unreliable gun from egypt as one of his precious 3? or he has one gun that is broken down?

so the spares wouldn't be so far fetched for a weapon that has a habit of breaking firing pins. or possibly for the repair of some bargin bin thing from the pawn shop. that is IF the spares didn't cost a big chunk of his budget.

i would still consider ammo to be the number 1 thing as well. what would be a good minimum for ammo?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i suppose it would depend on what the guy has--sort of like the spare parts. what if this fellow has a very well worn and some what unreliable gun from egypt as one of his precious 3? or he has one gun that is broken down?

so the spares wouldn't be so far fetched for a weapon that has a habit of breaking firing pins. or possibly for the repair of some bargin bin thing from the pawn shop. that is IF the spares didn't cost a big chunk of his budget.

i would still consider ammo to be the number 1 thing as well. what would be a good minimum for ammo?
    I would say whatever amount of ammo and spares you can afford

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.