View Poll Results: How long have you been unemployed for?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still EMPLOYED.

35 48.61%
  • Just got laid off this month.

2 2.78%
  • Two Months.

2 2.78%
  • Three Months.

3 4.17%
  • Four Months.

0 0%
  • Five Months.

1 1.39%
  • Six Months.

1 1.39%
  • Seven Months.

2 2.78%
  • Eight Months.

6 8.33%
  • A year or more.

20 27.78%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HOW MANY MONTHS HAVE YOU BEEN UNEMPLOYED?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Some of my friends got laid off today here in Houston. The oilfield is having a short stroke time right about now.

I have been seeing the them fall all around me for months in this business. But, will the AXE miss me for a while longer?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Well let's see, I retired in 2003 at the ripe old age of 53. I haven't been employed since then nor do I intend to.

What I like about my retirement is that I'm getting paid more now than when I worked! The medical benefits are the really great thing too!

One thing that I did while I was young, "PLAN FOR MY RETIREMENT!" I know that most while young do not suscribe to that kind of plan. Most think that their young and will deal with retirement at a later date...WRONG!!!!

Take care of this while you still have the ability to do so. Just an old guy giving some healthy advise.

Oh, about the medical...This is as important if not more than your actual retirement. A hefty medical bill can deplete any savings very easily.
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I am 50 and have been putting it away for retirement. I agree with Toten Kopf, save for your retirement!!! MOST IMPORTANT!

I could be retired by next year too if this employer does not see fit to make this job more interesting to me with a raise and better projects.

Being able to do what you want when you want is a thing most valuable to me coming up soon. I am not far behind you SIR.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Toten Kopf View Post
    Well let's see, I retired in 2003 at the ripe old age of 53. I haven't been employed since then nor do I intend to.

What I like about my retirement is that I'm getting paid more now than when I worked! The medical benefits are the really great thing too!

One thing that I did while I was young, "PLAN FOR MY RETIREMENT!" I know that most while young do not suscribe to that kind of plan. Most think that their young and will deal with retirement at a later date...WRONG!!!!

Take care of this while you still have the ability to do so. Just an old guy giving some healthy advise.

Oh, about the medical...This is as important if not more than your actual retirement. A hefty medical bill can deplete any savings very easily.
    i agree compleatly!!!
    do it now while you still have a chance or pay for it later when all is lost!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Many of us believe that working or not, it may not matter either way if the economy fails. The paper we use is worthless. More or less green colored toilet paper perhaps in a month down the road?

Ones here with better than average intelligence have prepared themselves for what is to most likely to come. It is a sad truth but a real one. Being set with enough for you and yours is most likely an important item on your to do list.

Looking at this pole shows along with the same pole elsewhere that the unemployment % is at least realistically 20%. This is of ones who have worked. There are many of them welfare hounds with droves of kids with which they use to collect more for and do not take of.

So, about 20 have nots for every 100. At least. I am not counting the ones who have been out less than a year. They still have a reserve and benifits.

I think a bigger sample of pole takers will yield by the time this one ends.

I wonder how much longer the government can fund the wars everywhere in the world while in the war business? We still make war tools. Something which can net income. How much thinner can we spread the business over area and time?

Look for the price of ammo to go back up again most likely.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Default still employed

thankfully still working

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Lightbulb

Well, I have to change my election with this poll. I just got laid off this last Wednesday.

Now, I finally get some paid time off and find another job that pays better!

M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry to hear that and congrats at the same time.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

that sucks musibike!
    but it can lead to better things!
    good luck out ther bud!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Oh yeah my bros, I intend to make it much better in the time to come.

But for now, it is GRAVY!!!!
    M U S I B I K E

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.