View Poll Results: what is the best bang for $ in a S/A 45 auto?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • witness match @$500

2 8.00%
  • RIA 14 rounder GI 1911 @ $460

3 12.00%
  • RIA tac 1911 @ $450

2 8.00%
  • bersa tac 1911 @ $424

1 4.00%
  • RIA gi 1911a1 @ $365

9 36.00%
  • hi-point 45acp @$168

1 4.00%
  • other

6 24.00%
  • they all suck

0 0%
  • get a wheel gun

2 8.00%
  • i gave up my guns and joined ACORN!

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best inexpensive single action 45acp

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

leaving out out all the plastic DA guns like S&W MPs, glocks XDs and all the DA/sa guns like witnesses and S&Ws and taking out all the 10mm, 38 supers and so on-- yea that is what makes this a tough poll. it is tough to find a really good 45 SA auto for $500 or UNDER--

CDNN has the taurus 1911 for $400--but it is 38super--LOL!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Whatever I hit with my SIG 1911 is finished.

One shot, definite KILL!

Interesting way to kill a BARN DOOR?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    Whatever I hit with my SIG 1911 is finished.

One shot, definite KILL!

I like my .45s MUSIBIKE. Just funnin. Not the weapons it is me.
    I am getting old and blind.
    The Norinco is actually pretty darn accurate. Wish I bought more of them, pre ban, at $269 back in 1992.
    I put this grip on from Cheaper Than Dirt. Comfortable. I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best inexpensive  single action 45acp-45-acp-001.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you can find one, Desert Eagle has a new 1911 out. I got mine from Buds in Ky. for a little over $500. From what I can find out it was supposed to be the new Charles Daly. Some on the 1911 forums say Magnum Research screwed Daly over but I have a DE .357 and wanted this. Real nice shooter for the price.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i don't know what happened to CD. i figure they hit some tough economic times--

i sure wish i had bought one of their high-power clones back in the day.

back to the subject on of the things i like about the STI and the metro/firestorm/bersa 1911's is they are 4140 steel for the frame and the slide.

most of the budget 45s are cast frame and slide and MIM -0-although i have yet to have any problems with MIM so far.

and IIRC wernt the llamma's and stars that every hates all steel? just very soft low carbon? they were before MIM was invented?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If it feels comfortable I'd consider the RIA 14 rounder, just because it's a 14 rounder

The GI A1 models usually have a horrible trigger and need something done to make them shoot decent, usually about $100-130 to get it there, so you might as well spend the little extra on something better right away.

I shot two of the Taurus models (in 45) and they seem nice for the price, so check them out too.

Really look around at these, some of these low-mid range pistols are almost as good as the high dollar ones, they just need a little tweaking to get them there and you'll still be saving money.

I got a Charles Daly a few years ago and like it. To bad they closed up over night, seemed like they had decent products.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

yea CDNN has a taurus 1911 in 38 super for $400--if it was a 45 i would be picking one of those up for sure. i might buy one anyways --but i just hate to add another type of ammo to my mix and match ammo box ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post

If it feels comfortable I'd consider the RIA 14 rounder, just because it's a 14 rounder

The GI A1 models usually have a horrible trigger and need something done to make them shoot decent, usually about $100-130 to get it there, so you might as well spend the little extra on something better right away.

I shot two of the Taurus models (in 45) and they seem nice for the price, so check them out too.

Really look around at these, some of these low-mid range pistols are almost as good as the high dollar ones, they just need a little tweaking to get them there and you'll still be saving money.

I got a Charles Daly a few years ago and like it. To bad they closed up over night, seemed like they had decent products.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You can still find a Norinco "new in box"once in a while at GUNBROKER.Mine I found used at a show,FTF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best inexpensive  single action 45acp-picture-429.jpg  

SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

that norinco 45acp is another one of those pistols i should have bought a shit load of. back in the day a buddie of mine got orders to ship out suddenly. he had a norinco 45, a type milled AK folder and a smith 44 mag and a norienco m14 clone he wanted to sell for some quick cash.

i bought the AK for $250 and the smith for $300 and could have got the norinco 45 for $150 and the 308 for another $300!

should have bought um all looking back on it. but at that time girls and new tires for my vett were higher on the priority list--LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I like my .45s MUSIBIKE. Just funnin. Not the weapons it is me.
    I am getting old and blind.
    The Norinco is actually pretty darn accurate. Wish I bought more of them, pre ban, at $269 back in 1992.
    I put this grip on from Cheaper Than Dirt. Comfortable. I like it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

WINE, WOMEN and, SONG have done us all in I am afraid?!?!?
    M U S I B I K E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.