laser-bore sight? suck or work?

View Poll Results: laser bore sighting any good?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • laser bore sighting worked great for me!

7 46.67%
  • sometimes good some times so-so on the laser BS!

5 33.33%
  • pure voodo, bunk BS don't wast your $$

2 13.33%
  • WTF is a laser bore sight?

1 6.67%
  • would try it but wallyworlds batteries too expensive!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laser-bore sight? suck or work?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak laser-bore sight? suck or work?

man i just dug out of a box a 10+ year old laser bore sight thinga-ma-jiggy that i got at least a decade ago. i had used it one time and didn't think it worked. real quality from china! a Nc-Star or some such off brand shit.

well i slapped it in my new savage edge (with some new batteries) zeroed the scope to the laser and the thing was on the first shot!

now i can't figure out why this thing never worked this well before--less the military type guns i attempted to zero with it had the wrong kind of crown?

anyway it did the trick on this edge. i may try it on my taurus OSS 45acp when it come in if the bore adapter will will open up that far!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I payed $29.98 for one a few years ago with the Bushnell name on it.
    It's the long POS with the different cal adapters you stick in the end
    of your barrel.Turn it on aimed at a wall and set your scope cross hairs to it.
    Sapost to get you on paper.
    The ones that fit the chamber are sapost to work better I hear.
    I woulden't trust mine to get me on paper at 50 yards unless my targets were 20"x30".
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Arrow

that sounds like the one i got except mine is a NcStar which is even further down in the crap products bin!

mine will work but only on some firearms and others it won't do squat.

i don't recall what it cost new, seems like it was $15 or maybe $12 back in the day. it cost nearly $7 to replace the batteries in it at wally-world! which sort of pissed me off-- i was thinking if it don't work i can use the same batteries in my digital calipers!

i never tried the laser shaped like ammo. it could be better or worse depending on how tight it fits in the chamber and with china quality the fit could be anywhere from loose as a goose to so tight you got to hammer it in.

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    I payed $29.98 for one a few years ago with the Bushnell name on it.
    It's the long POS with the different cal adapters you stick in the end
    of your barrel.Turn it on aimed at a wall and set your scope cross hairs to it.
    Sapost to get you on paper.
    The ones that fit the chamber are sapost to work better I hear.
    I woulden't trust mine to get me on paper at 50 yards unless my targets were 20"x30".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well i thought i would verify the zero of that savage and i couldn't get the contraption to work as well this time.

with the rifle zeroed near perfect the laser would show its dot about 4" off POI at 30m. remove the laser tighten the thing a ma-jiggies up and try again --off 4" again but in some other position on the target!--wouldn't do no better after a dozen tries either.

it would get on paper OK but that was about all. it must have been just pure luck it did so well on the savage!

so it sort of works but it is not precise as i would like.

Feedback Score

I have one of the stick it in the end of the barrel lasers. Is it a precise instrument? No.
    Is it close to dead on? No. Is it worth the money I paid for it? Yes every cent. It gets me close enough to tell where the shots are going instead of scratching my head at the far end of the range with the Dude where's my shots look. Since I'm always messing around with my guns, trying different scopes on different rifles, I know it has paid for it self, besides I like gadgets.

Feedback Score

When I buy a scope, I pay the range $5 to boresight to get me on the paper, and then fine tune from there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

New fangled young whipper snapper stuff. Do you think John Wayne. Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, used a lazer. Hell no and them boys could shoot the eye out of a squirrel at 500 yards.
    If someone ever handed the Duke a lazer. He would put salt on it and eat it.
    Then twirl his six shooter and shoot yer hat off.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I got one of those cheap ones you put in muzzle, it works good enough to get it close to center at 50 yards, the windage is always right on but have to tweek the elevation a little.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

playing around with mine some more it seems able to bore sight to about a 4"-5" moa @ 30m most of the time.

every once in a great while it will do a bulls-eye zero @ the same like one out of 30+ attempts and then only on rifles it works on.

i am shocked were getting so many "it worked for me " in the poll! LOL!

Feedback Score

Well I'm one who likes technology, but I still use the old "Spud" boresighter by Bushnell with the adjustable arbors. This boresighter has always got me on the paper, first shot. You can still find them on E bay...

Just my 2¢
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.