tupperware pistols vs the world!

View Poll Results: tupperware pistols taking over?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • hell yea- i got a dozen and more on the way!

5 22.73%
  • hell no- plastic is disposable!

4 18.18%
  • only glock prefection please!

6 27.27%
  • when HK makes a plstic pistol i'll buy it!

0 0%
  • only hi-point knows how to make a plastic gun!

0 0%
  • only if it is very-very cheap!

3 13.64%
  • only if it is not too cheap!

2 9.09%
  • just as well be plastic as MIM!

2 9.09%
  • plastic is fine for my survival- burial tubes!

0 0%
  • the big O and his cronies hates plastic guns!

5 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tupperware pistols vs the world!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Sold! tupperware pistols vs the world!

man i shouldn't drink and surf the frecking internet! the other Saturday i was surfing the net and as all ways i hit buds guns price drop rack.

never do that on a saturday afternoon!

now i told everybody and his brother that i was not going to buy ANY more plastic pistols too!

anyways they had new taurus OSS socom tactical -pistols with the 5.3 inch barrels novac sights- on sale for $345 with $10 more for stainless.

gosh damn i thought the price of only two hi-points--hell i am in on this one!

before i finished that second beer i had ordered a stainless one in 45acp!

now i got two tupperware pistols all ready glocks in 45 and 357sig with two conversion barrels for 9mm and 40-

these damn plastic guns must have some kind of infection that comes with um--ya catch the tupperware-itus and they just multiply and empty your fricking wallet! now if taurus would make a 10mm conversion--LOL!
    Last edited by j427x; 10-16-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

what no love for the plastic shooting irons??

one good and often overlooked thing about a plastic er--polymer pistols is- if the wife asks what you bought

you can say "i just went crazy with the tupper-ware!" and it won't sound so bad--LOL!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I guess I'm old school. Blued steel and walnut. Plastic is for gun cases.

I only own one polymer pistol (out of dozens), and that one's for sale. Oly Arms Wolverine replica. I have one of the real ones now.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I've got eight pistols and none are plastic......although I do want a Glock.

Not a bad deal on the Taurus...post some pics and a review after you get it.

Feedback Score

I'd like a G19, but funds don't allow for it. I'll have to get my high cap 9x19 fix elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 photos of OSS in 45acp

these are some file picks of the 24/7 OSS stainless. i haven't got the one i ordered from bud's yet. it might be a few weeks before i can get down to my FFLs and take delivery. just like like last time on the savage edge. i'll damn sure let people know how it works and shoots. lately taurus is sort of a crap shoot quality wise. this is my first taurus so wish me luck!-LOL!

the one i ordered from buds has a black finish in the photo. the item number listed is for the matt stainless finish. i think the matt stainless is what buds is shipping for the $355 45acp stainless. that should be what i'll get. buds got the wrong photo most likely for this pistol--LOL

they do have these in 40 and 9mm for the sale prices of $355 & $345. i don't know if the OSS would be a good replacement for a glock. the thing that sold me is they do have SA trigger and locked and cocked mode. the size of the pistol is about the same as a 1911.

and they do have some in socom desert tan tactical. otherwise known as turkey shit brown.

i ain't real partial to tan-- as it might have sand fleas!\

the reason for the sale is the 24/7 and OSS are going to be replaced by a new version called the g2. the g2 is based of the 845 line and will be hammer fired as opposed to striker fired like the 24/7 series. they might be great and or better than the striker fired pistols. then again were talking taurus here. the G2 could be plagued by little problems like the 24/7s were when they first came out. also taurus is known for shipping things very late. the g2 was supposed to be a 2010 item and here it is 16th of the 10th month of 2010 and they ain't hit retail yet!

one thing the 24/7 OSS i think can take para ord hi-cap mags. the new G2 looks to have another type of mag. though it is too early to tell about the G2s as taurus is known for changing things at the last minute.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tupperware pistols vs the world!-taurus-pt-24-7-oss-1.jpg  

tupperware pistols vs the world!-taurus-pt-24-7-oss-2.jpg  

tupperware pistols vs the world!-taurus-pt-24-7-oss-3.jpg  

tupperware pistols vs the world!-taurus_1247oss45s.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That Taurus looks nice, the lower has a Glock'ish look to it though.
    I got a couple with plastic lowers and see no problems with them
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Got a Kahr P9, black polymer lower with a stainless upper. No problems with it, light and easy to carry. One day when I can get the spare cash together I plan to get a Glock 17. Those extended 33rd mags are cool, and the cheap ($6-10) Korean mags seem to work according to reports, baseplate cracking when dropped is the main complaint. Easily solved with a $3.50 Glock replacement. The longevity is there too, Chuck Taylor's long term Glock abuse test has surpassed a quarter million rounds now with only minor issues and no parts breakage.

Feedback Score

It took me a long time to warm up to plastic, but I'm enjoying the KoolAid now.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

i don't worry about the plastic that much. i know of many a glock 17 & 22 that have been around for decades fired thousands of rounds that still work fine.

i am a little concerned about the 10mm glocks but the only one of those i have seen fail the barrel split. the plastic frame held.

on the hi-powered rounds you can feel the frame give a little on the glocks. though it may be giving more in my head than it is IRL--LOL!

sort of like the aluminum framed pistols it has took me a while to warm up to the nylon/plastic frames. i still prefer steel though i don't see anything wrong with plastic or aluminum if properly constructed.

one thing about plastic it does cut the cost!

some target shooter with his OSS 45 in the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tupperware pistols vs the world!-oss-black.jpeg  

Last edited by j427x; 10-18-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.