how many pistols are enough?

View Poll Results: how many pistols is enough?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0- i wanna date with nancy pelosi!

0 0%
  • 1 is enough

0 0%
  • 2 is enough to fill each hand!

0 0%
  • 3 is for me!

0 0%
  • 4 is enough to keep me off the floor!

0 0%
  • 5 is a nice stay alive number!

1 3.03%
  • 6 is plenty

0 0%
  • 8 i can hide a few extras away--

3 9.09%
  • 9 is fine!

3 9.09%
  • all i can get my hands on is enough!

27 81.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many pistols are enough?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 how many pistols are enough?

how many pistols are enough for these tough times?

most of the time i build ar-15 and ak type semi-automatic rifles and i have a number of them, probably way more than i need or will ever need in any kind of situation. over the years i have mostly ignored pistols and stuck to rifles.

i have only built one pistol a 1911, and i have a few other types in 9mm, 45acp,40s&w/357sig , 10mm and 357 wheel-gun.

i suppose i got six pistols and two conversion barrels. i am building a slide for one of my 1911s to shoot 45 super as well. and i have been eyeing the tok conversion--LOL

now my wife says i only got TWO hands?--LOL!

now the question for the day is "how many pistols does one need to have?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I dunno how many is "enough" but I have over 200 handguns. That C&R is addictive as hell and in the past there have been some good deals on CZ-82 and P-64 guns in Makarov cal, Tokarevs, as well as a few Sistema Colts and Ballester-Molinas. Besides I have some family members that could be rapidly armed if TSHTF. I also have a "few" cases of ammo socked away as well.

Don't even get me started on the long guns (over 350).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Well hell, ya got different days of the week, different hunting seasons, many models to choose from, a wide variety of shooting sports, bargains and sales that you can't pass on. I think the most sensible one is the God given right to own all I feel that I want.

Feedback Score

deleted
    Last edited by jlwilliams; 03-06-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Funny thing is that this morning two more showed up at my door:

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f132/cz8...tml#post622461

Been getting outbid on GB on Sistemas, Ballesters, Maks and Stars lately so I just "pulled the trigger" on a couple C&R guns from a vendor.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea that is kind of how i got mine, didn't really need a extra 45 acp much less a plastic framed glock wanna be-- but the taurus OSS was on a blowout sale.

then i bid on a 40 witness on guns america and won an auction for the first time in years!

damn picked up another 1911 frame a few weeks ago cause it was too cheap to pass up on!

it certainly won't hurt to have a few extra pistols.

pistols are sort of like band-aids!

it is much better to have them and not need them. than need um and not have um!--LOL

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm down to a dozen right now, but with the 100th anniversery of the 1911, better make that a bakers dozen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well, as your wife sez ya got 2 hands so you should always buy 2 of whatever handgun you get. Remind her it was her idea.

First off, you need a good .22 target grade pistol for practice and small game hunting. Easy to suppress too, if ya get the type with interchangeable bbls the integrally suppressed spare bbls will be an easy swap. Great survival gun too, lots of ammo with little weight.

Next, ya need a few good self defense pistols, full size and a compact model for varying modes of dress and threat level. Caliber of your choice. A backup too, something small you can easily conceal.

Then ya need a good hunting pistol for various sized game. A .357 revolver is about the min for taking deer sized game, a .44 if ya expect them to be larger. A good TC Contender with a few different bbls could also fill the bill, especially if ya get them in rifle calibers you already stock.

You also need a realy small deep cover hideout piece, something so small you can disappear it into a pocket. Easily missed in a hasty search.

Ya also need a good "throwdown" piece so you can arm the unarmed a**holes before ya blast them. Some people prefer a knife for this purpose as it can be easily carried in a pocket wrapped in a hanky. I however think a good small saturday night special in broken condition would be the ideal tool for the job, menacing enough it warrants
    deadly force, yet safe because it doesn't go bang. Just toss it to them, most people catch without thinking.

Finally, ya need a shower gun, a nice all stainless steel piece to keep in the shower for bathroom emergencies. Ya saw Psycho, right?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Looks like we for the most part agree on this one!

:-)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I want to go get my wife a new Beretta M92 tomorrow. Super performer.

Happy Valentines DAY!
    M U S I B I K E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.