a pistol for the "hardy boys"?

View Poll Results: pick the hardy boys TV show a pistol!

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • a "pink lady" revolver

2 11.76%
  • a derringer

0 0%
  • a water pistol

3 17.65%
  • a childs cap pistol

2 11.76%
  • a stopper gun

0 0%
  • there too gender confused to pack a pistol!

6 35.29%
  • there democrats retoric will protect them!

2 11.76%
  • i give up this is lame!

3 17.65%
  • they should join the somali pirates!

2 11.76%
  • other

3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a pistol for the "hardy boys"?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 a pistol for the "hardy boys"?

i sat through a re-run of the "Hardy boys" and i noticed something, besides the "boys" looking a little bit gender confused-

- no sign of any kind of firearm, pistol ---NOTHING!

most of the time they just take the bad guys down with their 70s kung-fu! or their feminine good looks--LOL!

now magnum had a 1911a1

and rockford had a 1911a1

if the Hardy boys packed heet what kind of iron would it be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Rockford had a snubby revolver he kept in his sugar canister, not a 1911. A S&W Chiefs Special I think.

Didn't watch the series, but I do remember reading a few of the books when I was a wee lad. Mostly it seemed they got caught snooping around a lot and the cops came to rescue them when one of them or their "chums" got word to the Chief. I do recall one where they went camping and their Daddy presented them with shiny new .22 rifles. If I remember correctly they actually used them to threaten the bad guys into surrender.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Gender confused..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Rockford had a snubby revolver he kept in his sugar canister, not a 1911. A S&W Chiefs Special I think.

Didn't watch the series, but I do remember reading a few of the books when I was a wee lad. Mostly it seemed they got caught snooping around a lot and the cops came to rescue them when one of them or their "chums" got word to the Chief. I do recall one where they went camping and their Daddy presented them with shiny new .22 rifles. If I remember correctly they actually used them to threaten the bad guys into surrender.

damn it krink! you watch a lot of the hardy boys do ya? LOL!

i must have missed that episode along with a bunch of others!

seems like on the only episode of rockford that i can recall he was shooting a 1911a1 but it might not have been his regular carry .

seems like magnum had a PPK too.

i wonder if nancy drew has a heater? LOL!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That show sucked! Don't think I ever got through an entire episode. Even their lame brown/tan gmc van sucked. I liked the A-Teams van better, or Rick Simons Power wagon with that big brush guard! To quote Cartman "Simon and Simon weren't brothers in real life, Only on television".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Never seen the Hardy Boys show that I can remember, that was from the books I read as a kid.

Simon and Simon rocked! I always loved the running joke where their Mom would be entertaining a gentleman, kissing in the dark on AJ's couch when the boys would get in trouble and have to return for heavy armament from AJ's gun safe. After loading up multiple assault rifles and shotguns, .44 magnums etc. and leaving, the poor guy was always cowering on the far end of the couch.

Yep, Magnum had the PPK as his backup/hideout piece. IIRC, in a few of the early ones he was actually using a Star as a blank firing 1911 was difficult to procure. Watch closely when he loads his 1911 during the opening credits, the mag is for a 9mm, not a .45. Apparently obtaining .45 blanks was problematic and they used a 9mm setup for actual firing.

BTW, how many saw the ending to "Have you seen the sunrise" part II where Ivan kills Mac? Best ending ever!

Good place to look up what guns were used in movie and TV shows, but there are some mistakes as it is essentially a Wiki anybody can update.

Main Page - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

looks like the hardy boys are going to be toting a water-pistol! LOL!

Feedback Score

Everyone needs at least 1 1911!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Rockford carried a snubnosed revolver of some sort. I'm not well-informed enough to tell what kind. He didn't always carry the gun. Most of the time he kept it in a cookie jar on the counter.

One of the things I liked about Rockford is that he seldom pulled a gun unless the situation required it. He always based his plans on the short con or schmoozing, and any gunplay came after, if at all.

We got a Rockford box set last year and have been working our way through. So far, the show is much better than I remembered, and the DVDs are razor sharp. I don't know if someone kept the film in a refrigerated vault all this time or if it is some fancy digital enhancement, but it's very nice.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    Everyone needs at least 1 1911!
    yep! several and a 357 mag wheel gun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.