Gunco Forums banner

mit wins ammo prices drop!

• big drop in ammo prices!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hardly any change--

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • prices might even go up!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • no change in ammo prices even if mit wins.

Votes: 10 62.5%

can ammo prices go down?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
with the current ammo prices being so high and getting higher due to the big "O" being CIC, will prices of ammo go back down in the ever more slightly gun friendly RINO wins instead?

to give you a run down-- back in the 90s one could buy 20 rounds of chi-com brass 223 for about $2

today a 20rd box of 223 is closer to $8-$10 and still climbing.

but look how much EVERYTHING else has went up. food, gasoline electricity, insurance, fees, taxes,and so on --- the reality is that even though ammo has went up a great deal the inflated prices we are seeing is more of an indication of the deflating dollar , rising inflation and increased expenses across the board.

hell just look as what shipping charges are today and you start to get a better picture.

if mit gets the win i don't expect to see a big drop in ammo prices, it might come down a little bit but inflation is going to still be around for a long time.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a feeling that if Mitt wins, all hell may break loose . The street hustler from Chi Town will not go quietly.
I also think Imported ammo may soon be a thing of the past.

#3 ·
**Not the opinions of Cope's dist..just the personal opinions of mine**

I truly believe that ammo prices will not go down regardless who wins or who doesnt. The price structure will stay the same. I believe if Mitt gets elected then ammo that has been held up or secretly hid away will come out of hte wood works. At a reasonable price...

If we reelect the guy we have now... I believe some ammo will come out of the woodworks but it will be top dollar and because of that no one will have it.

I think our industry is going to be hard hit soon in the next few years. If the dollar keeps going down and we keep having the mentally troubled making haste decisions... this whole industry will change...

Misty

#5 ·
i figure the cheap ammo has gone the way of $.69 ground beef, $2.69 per lb T-bone steaks and $1 a gallon 98 octane gas.

one thing i have noticed is that imported ammo has went up the most % wise.

i figure if the import ban was lifted on china ammo it could help the situation but this might hurt domestic sources and i doubt that any repeal of the china ammo ban is in the works.

the old cheap ammo was $.05 a round ---the new cheap ammo will be under $1 somewhere.

hell any good ammo under $.40 per round today ain't considered all that bad. a few years back a round that expensive had to have some gold in it somewhere--LOL

#6 ·
I go with what Misty is saying..
Inflation plus copper, brass, cost of shipping, inflation, oh I said that..
As soon as their is the least bit of price drop, supply and demand.
People want, they buy...
Factor in the key here "Powder" to make the bullet go bang..
New companies are not being built, that I know of.. Maybe one in Canada, not real sure on that one?
Saint Marks "Florida" and the few other powder companies here in the U.S..
Their old machinery is going 24/7 to meet demand..
They sell all over the world.. Not just too us guys..
See those wars we keep seeing on the T.V...
Very well could be Florida Saint Marks powder slinging lead both ways?
Just a guess now?
I don't think their is any "secret stashes" oh someone could be stocked and watching the market?
They just can't keep up with the damn demand..

#8 ·
Yes.. If you really shop you can save..
Damn. I looked at some of the prices and your better off buying a case of ready to go ammo..
In the long run their is a saving, I guess.
Plus it is fun..

#9 ·
Once you've recouped your initial investment for all the reloading gear, you'll realize about 1/3 savings over factory ammo and get a more accurate round too. Or at least that's my opinion after reloading for 40 years. At least you can get a more accurate round for a particular gun by reloading anyways. I've spent hours finding the sweat loads for pretty much all my guns now and it's pretty nice seeing those nice groups mount up, or to watch that freezer fill up nice and full. Good stuff!

Not only that,,, I never run outa ammo!!!! YES!!!! MORE SHOOTING, YEA!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.