View Poll Results: mit wins ammo prices drop!

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • big drop in ammo prices!

0 0%
  • hardly any change--

3 18.75%
  • prices might even go up!

3 18.75%
  • no change in ammo prices even if mit wins.

10 62.50%

Thread: can ammo prices go down?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Lightbulb can ammo prices go down?

with the current ammo prices being so high and getting higher due to the big "O" being CIC, will prices of ammo go back down in the ever more slightly gun friendly RINO wins instead?

to give you a run down-- back in the 90s one could buy 20 rounds of chi-com brass 223 for about $2

today a 20rd box of 223 is closer to $8-$10 and still climbing.

but look how much EVERYTHING else has went up. food, gasoline electricity, insurance, fees, taxes,and so on --- the reality is that even though ammo has went up a great deal the inflated prices we are seeing is more of an indication of the deflating dollar , rising inflation and increased expenses across the board.

hell just look as what shipping charges are today and you start to get a better picture.

if mit gets the win i don't expect to see a big drop in ammo prices, it might come down a little bit but inflation is going to still be around for a long time.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I have a feeling that if Mitt wins, all hell may break loose . The street hustler from Chi Town will not go quietly.
    I also think Imported ammo may soon be a thing of the past.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

**Not the opinions of Cope's dist..just the personal opinions of mine**

I truly believe that ammo prices will not go down regardless who wins or who doesnt. The price structure will stay the same. I believe if Mitt gets elected then ammo that has been held up or secretly hid away will come out of hte wood works. At a reasonable price...

If we reelect the guy we have now... I believe some ammo will come out of the woodworks but it will be top dollar and because of that no one will have it.

I think our industry is going to be hard hit soon in the next few years. If the dollar keeps going down and we keep having the mentally troubled making haste decisions... this whole industry will change...

Misty
    www.copesdistributing.net

~Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.~ JFK

Phone lines Open
    M-F 9am-530pm EST

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Buy now before the dollar takes another hit.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i figure the cheap ammo has gone the way of $.69 ground beef, $2.69 per lb T-bone steaks and $1 a gallon 98 octane gas.

one thing i have noticed is that imported ammo has went up the most % wise.

i figure if the import ban was lifted on china ammo it could help the situation but this might hurt domestic sources and i doubt that any repeal of the china ammo ban is in the works.

the old cheap ammo was $.05 a round ---the new cheap ammo will be under $1 somewhere.

hell any good ammo under $.40 per round today ain't considered all that bad. a few years back a round that expensive had to have some gold in it somewhere--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i figure the cheap ammo has gone the way of $.69 ground beef, $2.69 per lb T-bone steaks and $1 a gallon 98 octane gas.

one thing i have noticed is that imported ammo has went up the most % wise.

i figure if the import ban was lifted on china ammo it could help the situation but this might hurt domestic sources and i doubt that any repeal of the china ammo ban is in the works.

the old cheap ammo was $.05 a round ---the new cheap ammo will be under $1 somewhere.

hell any good ammo under $.40 per round today ain't considered all that bad. a few years back a round that expensive had to have some gold in it somewhere--LOL
    I go with what Misty is saying..
    Inflation plus copper, brass, cost of shipping, inflation, oh I said that..
    As soon as their is the least bit of price drop, supply and demand.
    People want, they buy...
    Factor in the key here "Powder" to make the bullet go bang..
    New companies are not being built, that I know of.. Maybe one in Canada, not real sure on that one?
    Saint Marks "Florida" and the few other powder companies here in the U.S..
    Their old machinery is going 24/7 to meet demand..
    They sell all over the world.. Not just too us guys..
    See those wars we keep seeing on the T.V...
    Very well could be Florida Saint Marks powder slinging lead both ways?
    Just a guess now?
    I don't think their is any "secret stashes" oh someone could be stocked and watching the market?
    They just can't keep up with the damn demand..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OH if we'd all only bought a pallet of ammo 2-3 years ago,,,,,,

Any of you guys bought reloading supplies lately?????

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    OH if we'd all only bought a pallet of ammo 2-3 years ago,,,,,,

Any of you guys bought reloading supplies lately?????
    Yes.. If you really shop you can save..
    Damn. I looked at some of the prices and your better off buying a case of ready to go ammo..
    In the long run their is a saving, I guess.
    Plus it is fun..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Once you've recouped your initial investment for all the reloading gear, you'll realize about 1/3 savings over factory ammo and get a more accurate round too. Or at least that's my opinion after reloading for 40 years. At least you can get a more accurate round for a particular gun by reloading anyways. I've spent hours finding the sweat loads for pretty much all my guns now and it's pretty nice seeing those nice groups mount up, or to watch that freezer fill up nice and full. Good stuff!

Not only that,,, I never run outa ammo!!!! YES!!!! MORE SHOOTING, YEA!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.