Gunco Forums banner

glock and factory hot-rod loads?

• DT ain't hot enough-lets cram more in MORE powder!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • HELL NO! give me the factory loadings ONLY!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • don't bother me i'm dying my hair orange!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't own a glock, maybe next simulus check!

• gunz be EVIL!

• stock 9 is fine!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • when they make a 50BMG--

• watz a glock?

• only if it is DHLS doing the shooting--

• you left out buffalow bore ultra magnums!

glocks go or K-blow??

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
here is the poll question for today --

based on you experience with the glock set up --all models and all cals.

does the glock "deserve" its internet rap of a "may-pop"?

myself i am sort of sitting on the fence --i have had three glocks all 22s and 31s all older series that have fired thousands and thousands of rounds since the 90s --with little to no issues at all.

now my shooting pal had a new 20 that didn't get through the first 10 factory rounds --regular ones ( a long time back)

there was a bunch of g22s/40s that k-boomed , then some 45s that k-boomed , then the 20 had a few booms early then started going boom again with the double tap loads--may be some more k-boom episodes i am not aware of as not every issue is posted with photos all over the internet--

now millions of these pistols are out there and most haven't had any problem.

since there are only a few reports of k-booms and at least some of these past k-booms were ammo or operator error -

-would you feel safe enough to fire double tap, BB or other factory hot load through you glock?

PS you can vote on more than one--

See less See more
#2 ·
I have never experienced any issues with my glocks ( I currently own 3 ) but have never witnessed, but heard from a credible source that there are some issues with hand loads and "lower quality" ammunition. The worst I have heard was a Glock 23 being ruined by a hot hand load of .40 cal. Didn't see it though. I mostly shoot 9mm out of 2 of my Glocks and don't have any hiccups. My Glock 23 doesn't have any terrible issues, but had a pretty bad jam when I fired some deffective reloads.

Just stick with the stuff in a box and you should be fine IMHO.

#3 ·
i am kind of dubious of DT and BBs heavy duty stuff in a glock.

i have only had one pistol barrel bulge out --it was in a beretta 96 that i had converted to 357sig-- i was trying to push the 357sig to make 800ft lbs energy.

i did get to 750ft lbs then the barrel swelled up a little and the chamber had a crack in it-- up--LOL-- i guess i'm lucky that one didn't blow.

one of the things about the 10mm is it can get way up there in power, more than enough to break stuff if your experimenting with loads.

10mm double tap has split a few glock barrels and k-boomed a few times.

i figure a 9mm firing DT would probably be ok though it ain't even in the same league as 10mm

Double taps 10mm is like a real strong 357 mag wheel-gun load --if it makes the glock guys feel any better --i ain't doing DT 10mm in no 1911 either--LOL

#4 ·
:D

[video=youtube;nbsvGKoYK0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbsvGKoYK0c]How a Glock works - YouTube[/video]

I haven't heard anything about Glocks going k-blow, where's this coming from?

#5 ·
.40s have an unsupported chamber where the feed ramp is, that and out of battery KaBooms seem to be reported frequently. Now the 9mm models have zero issue in that area, that we know about anyway. The basic design worked great with 9mm power levels but apparently didn't exactly translate 100% to larger calibers.

#7 ·
there has been quite a few k-booms in glocks of .40, 45acp and 10mm.

i haven't heard or seen any in 9mm or 357sig --or even 45 glock --

45glock and 357sig ain't used all that much compared to the other rounds. so obviously there less cause thrre are far less of these out there.

the 40 had a lot of k-booms from re-loads, and lead bullets, due the the unsupported chamber, the 45acp has also had a few.

the 10mm had some really strange stuff going on when new. my FFL friend had one give in a big way on him with a factory load-new ammo.

i have had glock 22s and 31s --never fired any hot rod loads out of either of um.

though i did fire some out of the 357sig but it has a storm lake barrel--it did feel sort of strange with that 700ft lb load --like the whole gun was trying to warp--

it didn't blow though.

i never used the glock with anything --"warm" after that. well except 9mm--that really can't be very hot--LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.