View Poll Results: scope recticle failure?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • never had one fail

7 63.64%
  • one cheap one died

3 27.27%
  • one expensicve one died

1 9.09%
  • this ain't a problem

0 0%
  • it is a BIG problem

0 0%
  • forget the scope buy more ammo

2 18.18%
  • don't ask me i am a democrat

1 9.09%
  • they didn't teach this in school!

1 9.09%
  • get a leupold!

1 9.09%
  • get a NC-star!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: scope failures?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've had 2 fail in the past, a cheap 3-9 Tasco and an expensive Leupold. So cost doesn't seem to be a factor. But then ,, most of my guns/scopes have shot more ammo off than most people have ever even seen before, so that could be it too.

Back when I was competing 2-3K rounds a week wasn't unheard of at all, and pretty much the norm so they got lots and lots of use. I only have 2-3 etched ones so far and I like them, the scopes seem to be brighter sense there's no "ring" to hold the cross hairs in place and the x hairs are finer and sharper it seems. I don't know if that holds true for all but mine do seem to be a bit better.

I should do a side by side someday just for shits and giggles.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

which leupold failed?

i think the etched glass is better too. the question is how much better is the etched in scopes of equal value and build quality?

lets just say " you in the shop and you find a very nice nikon for $200 and you find a newer nikon with etched glass for the same price---

BUT the newer $200 nikon is a couple steps down the pecking order , like the new one is the base model and the old one with the wire is a monarch--(LOL)

i'm just picking nikon --as a base could be any brand scope--

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I've had 2 fail in the past, a cheap 3-9 Tasco and an expensive Leupold. So cost doesn't seem to be a factor. But then ,, most of my guns/scopes have shot more ammo off than most people have ever even seen before, so that could be it too.

Back when I was competing 2-3K rounds a week wasn't unheard of at all, and pretty much the norm so they got lots and lots of use. I only have 2-3 etched ones so far and I like them, the scopes seem to be brighter sense there's no "ring" to hold the cross hairs in place and the x hairs are finer and sharper it seems. I don't know if that holds true for all but mine do seem to be a bit better.

I should do a side by side someday just for shits and giggles.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You know ,,, it was so long ago I don't recall the exact model of the Leupold that failed to be honest, that had to be 20 years ago or so at this point,,,,,,

SHIT,,,, I can barley remember what to hell happened yesterday fir Christs Sake!!!!! You honestly expect me to remember that far back,,,,, you funny,,,,,, short term memory loss ya know,,, Not sure what causes that????

The Tasco was one of the wide view ones, I only know that cause I moved it around a couple days ago, never did send that one back,, not worth it, it was junk to start with.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell i make just buy a few china knock-offs with etched glass , just to play with --damn amazon is full of um--dirt cheap too--LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.