Thread: AR-15 tooling blocks

Feedback Score

Default AR-15 tooling blocks

I just wanted to plug my AR-15 blocks in case any of you guys are planning on building your own AR-15.

AR-15 Tooling Blocks

Justin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looks nice! Ive always contemplated an AR-15 build. Lets say excluding tools and jigs that need to build one, what would you estimate the costs of such a build to be. Taking into consideration buying an 80% receiver and parts kit.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Justin-- I am in awe of the work which you produce.

Recognizing that the operator skill level is always the largest component; is it possible to produce that quality of work on a 50-year-old Bridgeport, with out DRO, and with a 30 thousands backlash in the lead screw?

Feedback Score

yosuthnmasa: It really just depends on what kinda of rifle you are wanting build and how many bells and whistles you want to have. You don't really save a whole lot of money building your own rifle, but it's nice to know that you built it yourself when your done. I would probably say you could build a basic gun for $400-$500... just depending on where you get the parts from. I really like using Model 1 Sales for the AR parts.

Winn R: Thanks, I'm glad you like the work I've done Huh...you could probably build a gun on a 50 year old mill w/o a DRO, but the 0.030" backlash could be a problem. You would really have to be on your toes to always be thinking about that backlash. I'm not that good with a manual mill, since most of my work has been done on CNC machines.....so I probably couldn't do it, but there are people out there that could probably work with the backlash problem and still make a good part.

Justin

Feedback Score

I'll have to say, I'm constantly in awe of your work Justin. I wish I had half your skills and resources. I do have a set of your blocks and have used them a few times - those things are priceless. The workmanship is immaculate and they have saved me hours. Thanks!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Co7t
    I'll have to say, I'm constantly in awe of your work Justin. I wish I had half your skills and resources. I do have a set of your blocks and have used them a few times - those things are priceless. The workmanship is immaculate and they have saved me hours. Thanks!
    I have a set of these too and LOVE THEM! Thank you for such a wonderful product!!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.