Any info on a M11/9mm Semi build?

Thread: Any info on a M11/9mm Semi build?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Any info on a M11/9mm Semi build?

I found this receiver flat while surfing around:

http://www.sksparts.com/cobrayM10RECEIVERFLAT.htm

And a parts kit here for $84

http://www.gungarage.com/cobray.htm

I have not been able to find much info on building one. Does anyone have any info if this doable build?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

WAAAYYY back in the day I built one using a flat, the bends were pretty crappy done in a vise but it functioned. Requires welding on the handgrip/magwell tube and the rear of the receiver. Main reason I did it was I picked up a bbled upper with bolt for about $20 at a gunshow. These days a sten mag tube is available and is a better option, $3-7 steel mags versus $20 plastics with weak feed lips.

The flat you link to is for a MAC10, not an M11-nine. Two different guns, not compatible with each other. The only $84 item I see on that second website is a bolt, not a complete kit. Complete kits run about as much as the complete guns sell for, so no savings rolling your own. The website also looks suspiciously like Florida Gun Works, who are famous for not having anything in stock but will charge your card in an instant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink
    WAAAYYY back in the day I built one using a flat, the bends were pretty crappy done in a vise but it functioned. Requires welding on the handgrip/magwell tube and the rear of the receiver. Main reason I did it was I picked up a bbled upper with bolt for about $20 at a gunshow. These days a sten mag tube is available and is a better option, $3-7 steel mags versus $20 plastics with weak feed lips.

The flat you link to is for a MAC10, not an M11-nine. Two different guns, not compatible with each other. The only $84 item I see on that second website is a bolt, not a complete kit. Complete kits run about as much as the complete guns sell for, so no savings rolling your own. The website also looks suspiciously like Florida Gun Works, who are famous for not having anything in stock but will charge your card in an instant.
    Thank you for the info. I guess it is not the ideal project. I will have to build something else. Maybe I will finally decide to build a 1919.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

An M11/9 is at least 1/3rd cheaper than building a 1919, not including the tripod.

Parts are available from a variety of sources, you can pay a little more for a bunch more quality or not. It's up to you. I have parts from all sources. "Plug & play" quality or "gunsmithing may be required" quality.

Parts sets run from $250.00 & up, depending on how far from "stock" you want to go. I offer sten magwells as standard, Cobray magwell is optional.
    KGB member # 004

WECSOG 1984-2005

Imagine Whirled Peas

Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

wildmann43.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I have to agree with these guys, if you want a M11/9 buy a complete gun, I've seen them for about $300 at the local shows.
    The only way I'd worry about bending up a lower is if you want to make one for the STEN mags, like KRINK said $4-7 a mag compared to $20-up.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.