Gunco Forums banner

Finished HK51 Clone

6K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  Patrick/GSA 
#1 · (Edited)
Built using an ORF surplus parts kit on a Stamped Century CETME Receiver, papered as a pistol. Cost $550 including the retractable stock ($140 Centerfire - for when the LEGAL registered sear pack is installed) Made a pistol butt-plate using 1/4" steel on back of the cap for use as a legal pistol when the sear pack is out. Barrel turned to 8.75"

Here's a pic of my home-made clone with the REAL Vollmer

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, the pins on the lower are fake; it's clipped and law-abiding

The HOOPS we have to jump through -

Flash

Flame is as long as she is tall......

It's a "warped still shot" taken from a froze video

Was my first HK type build and easier than I would have thought, though I had some helpful coaching. Paddle Mag release was the trickiest part (6+ hrs using a dremmel), converting the surplus G4 pack to semi was a breeze. Works 100% with original locking piece firing Wolf Ammo
http://media.putfile.com/HK51-Clone-with-Fleming-Sear

Shooting cheap Indian Surplus (yes I know) requires the #18 locking piece for the reduced pressure, and also runs 100%. So if I stick with Wolf, I can use the locking piece in the up-coming 51K build. At least that's the plan....

Steve in El Paso

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.