Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Finished HK51 Clone

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

[Video was deleted from putfile.] working now for some reason. Could you repost to youtube? or e-mail it to me and I can post it for you.
    Last edited by rbthntr64; 02-06-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score

I reloaded the video.
    http://media.putfile.com/HK51-Clone-with-Fleming-Sear

Sometimes videos are pulled, due to "Violent and disturbing content"
    Shooting plastic milk jugs in the desert is considered a 'violent' pastime to some people. I would like to take whoever who flags these videos, out shooting, with the emphasis on saftey and having an enjoyable memorable time

People fear what they don't understand, whether it be shooting, flying, boating etc

Steve

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Talking

Steve,
    Here is pics of my start on the pistol. #1 and #3 are the items I thought could be replaced with HK parts. You can see the insert on #2 also. The larger diameter section of the #2 part is what I was asking about. #4 is the barrel section a friend gave me for the build. It appears to be SS, but not sure. Does anyone make a 51 cocking tube?

Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score

I believe that would work - be sure to check your recoil spring guide & 'inside sleeve', to make sure it will mate with eveything

You can stack sections of that sleeve to get the length right - remember to cut a little notch in the very front of the sleeve so you can punch it out later / a lip to get the punch on (like a rook chess piece). Wire-wheel it clean and it'll come out easier. Spring tension will hold it in just fine

Regarding a '51 cocking tube, I believe the best (easiest) way is just cut a regular one down, then insert the 'plug' in the front, and re-weld. Grind a bevel on that weld, and fit it TIGHT against the triple-tower; pin it
    http://www.robertrtg.com/g3earlystylecockingtube.html $21

There are two schools of thought to all this, one being 'correct' which is exactly like HK WOULD have built (like a Vollmer) or a get-it-done-to-shoot version which is just as strong and a heck of alot easier. On the 'correct' version, the factory cocking slot ends where it should, and the front of the tube is free-floating, with a hangar for the HG pin. On mine, the PLUG IS the front end of the cocking slot; hangar can be added so you don't melt your grip
    Hope that all made sense

Steve

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Question

How did you do the back end where the turned up slot used to be? Being that the new slot is farthur back. What did you use for a handguard hanger up front?

Feedback Score

Fabricated a hangar out of square stock, welded to the triple tower

I extended the slot back, and cut out the cocking-handle 'hold back' with a dremmel

Steve

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Do you have an exploded pic of all the parts? How long is tube on the carrier once you shortened it? Does your cocking tube extend into the receiver like th original 91 or is it shortened also?
    Thanks for answering my questions. Maybe I should do a tutorial as I go.

Feedback Score

Builders -

Here are some pics, and links to some old threads that showed me how to build mine. Read them THOROUGHLY - many have links to other threads (some have good pics) YA GOTTA READ THEM ALL
    Need detailed info on building an HK-51 - HK91.COM
    HK Weapon Systems Forums: It live!!!!! 51k
    Then type in "HK51" on this page and search
    HK Weapon Systems Forums

Your first '51 or a 51K won't be a 'casual build' or everybody'd have one. 20 hrs of reading = 10 hrs of building.

The barrel & cocking tube length is determined by which handguard you'll use. MP5 HG = 51. MP5K/SP89 = 51K. It's one or the other, unless you're building your own handguards

Here are some pics that should help - 51 is on top, 51K on the bottom / BC's too. 51K BC is longer (though the gun is shorter) because I got far more involved in slowing the ROF. Heavier = slower. This is not like a Mac. Unless you're running a sear pack for F/A, go short on the BC, longer on the cocking piece, and make it easier to build, and cock. I have two different length BC's & CP's for the 51K; the sum length of each pair is the same, but the ROF varies quite a bit. Being a decent welder helps - being EXCEPTIONAL with a dremmel is mandatory

This is the most important pic - study cocking piece lengths by looking closely, in the slot. Save to file then ZOOM IN

The longer BC is for the shorter weapon. Your measurements WILL vary. Important thing is that it UNLOCKS the bolt easily

51K will need an interlocking lip between the CP & BC, so the CP remains aligned, and doesn't 'flip out' of the ejection port when cocked (here's my first attempt, before making the longer BC)

8" vs 5" you can see which one I shoot most

51 K - Putfile.com

Good Luck, flat-builders - this can be done with CETME kits

Steve in El Paso
    Last edited by cntrailrider; 04-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

nice thread gonna go back and read it all again.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

If this can be done with CETME kits, are you using the same locking piece or a modified one?
    Anyone else still looking into this? I really want to make this work. Just not sure what I need to do it.
    I've read most of the threads on this but can't find any on using a CETME as a base. Are you planning to use an HK bolt, carrier, and trunnion or use the CETME parts? I hear the lock up time needs to be shortened due to the shorter barrel (i.e. lose of back preasure for blowback operation), so how to do this with CETME bolt & carrier if there is only one locking piece for CETME?
    IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.