Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished HK51 Clone

Feedback Score

Default Finished HK51 Clone

Built using an ORF surplus parts kit on a Stamped Century CETME Receiver, papered as a pistol. Cost $550 including the retractable stock ($140 Centerfire - for when the LEGAL registered sear pack is installed) Made a pistol butt-plate using 1/4" steel on back of the cap for use as a legal pistol when the sear pack is out. Barrel turned to 8.75"

Here's a pic of my home-made clone with the REAL Vollmer

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, the pins on the lower are fake; it's clipped and law-abiding

The HOOPS we have to jump through -

Flash

Flame is as long as she is tall......

It's a "warped still shot" taken from a froze video

Was my first HK type build and easier than I would have thought, though I had some helpful coaching. Paddle Mag release was the trickiest part (6+ hrs using a dremmel), converting the surplus G4 pack to semi was a breeze. Works 100% with original locking piece firing Wolf Ammo
    http://media.putfile.com/HK51-Clone-with-Fleming-Sear

Shooting cheap Indian Surplus (yes I know) requires the #18 locking piece for the reduced pressure, and also runs 100%. So if I stick with Wolf, I can use the locking piece in the up-coming 51K build. At least that's the plan....

Steve in El Paso
    Last edited by cntrailrider; 02-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Very cool, 51 is one of my favorite HKs. I'm gonna have to look into this one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

sweet!
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, because I am the baddest motherfu$@er in the goddamn valley.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Did you use a 51 kit, or a 91/G3 kit? Who still sells receivers for these?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

That is cool.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the positive comments Gentlemen. You can tell I'm pretty excited about it.

Tony, as far as I know, 51's must be cut down from a G3 kit. And I've been looking for another stamped receiver, but no one has them in stock right now, that I know of. That CETME receiver only cost me $99 (Military Gun Supply) but they're out. JLD makes a nicer one, and they'll supposedly be available from POF again in about a month.

If anyone has more info on a receiver source, I sure would appreciate an update - I'd prefer another cheap stamped CETME.

Not to insult your intellegence, but you know to register the receiver as a pistol; if you put a stock on it w/o registering it as a SBR you could get yourself in trouble. I think you folks already know all that. Using a registered sear legally circumvents it. Now you know why I want another CHEAP receiver - spent all my $$$ on the sear pack!

Steve

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Did you cut the barrel and tube down or was it like that when you got it? If it's just a matter of cutting and moving the sight block and tube cover, and having the barrel turned this could be just what I'm looking for. I had an hk-91 but sold it when I got married. This would be more fun. I know a guy who would help me on this too. Yeah, I'm familiar with the SBR route, but don't have enough $ for a registered sear pack . I'll have to pick your brain on this some more if you don't mind. By the way, is inter ord.,the only people who have parts kits now?

Feedback Score

Tony -

I cut/turned the barrel down, disected the old cocking tube from the cut receiver section, then shortened it. Welded the trunnion and shortened-cocking-tube into the new receiver.

My triple-tower is butted SOLID against the cocking-piece-stop WELD (Important! THIS is what determined exact triple-tower placement) It's not like the "real" tubes, which FLOAT in the triple-tower, but it works, and is solid at both ends. I will try to post a close-up pic of it when I get home. On layover right now.

Here's the basics on a build http://www.smcomp.com/~smurph/G3-build.html

IO is listing G3 parts kits for sale in their flyers, for around $250.

Mags are cheap right now - 50 for $50 from TAPCO that's part of the reason I launched into all this 91/51 stuff. Fella can go broke just stocking up on mags, depending on firearm & caliber.

Good Luck and keep us posted

Steve

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I got a V53 pistol from Vector, it is a really fun gun to shoot, yours should be really something in fa.

Feedback Score

Thanks Old Coot -

Which implies you probably forgot most of everything I will ever know.....BUT I'M WORKING ON IT!!!!!!

Honestly it's been a really fun (sometimes frustrating -that's where the fun comes in) build!!!!

Steve

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.