Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Leinad Derringers

Feedback Score

If you go to the flare spot . Com they have frames that need weilding and info on buying parts kits

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Bersa also makes one quite similar that's well priced and MUCH safer and well built!!! I know of 3 people that have had those leinad's, one the barrel blew on( a double barrel one), one other kept opening up when fired,,both ending up in injuries, one ending in serious injuries to the guys arm and hand. The other got sold off quick by the guy that had it so I don't know about that one, but it had the same issue of opening up when fired also.

IMHO,,,stay away from them,,,,they ARE JUNK!!!! Just my opinion though,,,,sense I've never owned one,, and for the obvious reasons I mentioned above.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh ,,by the way,,if you want something like that just get a good quality steel flare gun and buy the inserts instead. Much safer and way cheaper. A model 44 CZ would be my suggestion.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I happened to run across-ed several on Gun Broker, single barrel ones from 89 bucks to the long barrel doubles for 189.

There out there if you still have the need for one.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Bersa also makes one quite similar that's well priced and MUCH safer and well built!!! I know of 3 people that have had those leinad's, one the barrel blew on( a double barrel one), one other kept opening up when fired,,both ending up in injuries, one ending in serious injuries to the guys arm and hand. The other got sold off quick by the guy that had it so I don't know about that one, but it had the same issue of opening up when fired also.

IMHO,,,stay away from them,,,,they ARE JUNK!!!! Just my opinion though,,,,sense I've never owned one,, and for the obvious reasons I mentioned above.
    They're not that bad. I've had three of them, two of which I built from kits. They are not what I consider a "serious" gun, but they are fun to plink with.
    I knew a guy who had one that would open when fired, but none of mine have done that. If you have one that does that, just use a rattail file or Dremel to clean up the locking notch in the barrel lug so the latch pin can get a better grip. As for the blowup, one case (especially without more particulars) doesn't prove anything. Any gun can blow up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well only the one I personally know of,,how many others ????? Who knows?

Feedback Score

I personally don't shoot .45 Colt out of mine because the barrels are cast steel, I load some warmish .45 Colt for my Blackhawk that I wouldn't want to find their way into it, and the firing pin slot is a bit large. I'm not too worried about .410 shells, though.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    If you go to the flare spot . Com they have frames that need weilding and info on buying parts kits
    I've searched for theflarespot.com and similar names and that website doesn't seem to exist. Do you have a link?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

They used to be real popular around here, they were like $60 new and every Hilljack had a .410 slug load in one tucked into their boot. If snakes were a worry over self defense, birdshot was substituted.

The file trick cures the opening problem, did a few to friends guns. IIRC, they were rifled but the diameter of a .45LC bullet was smaller than the rifling so pressure and accuracy were both low!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.