Gunco Forums banner

SIG AMT prototype receiver

42K views 213 replies 47 participants last post by  Doolsmack_Bud 
#1 ·
I finally got some time to get the first set of prototype receiver parts welded up. Everything fits pretty good on this first set. I am giong to weld up another set and graft it to the receiver stubs to test operation and test fire it. if all goes well I will make the necessary changes to the drawings and have the final parts fabricated.

Attachments

See less See more
#55 ·
Guys, we would all love to get our hands on a receiver. Hell I would pee myself in a public place for one. And Im sure Phila Ordance or someone could mill one out of a block o'steel but then we can expect a $1000 receiver which kills off most of the market. So the issue isnt can it be done. The issue is, can it be done for a reasonable price. If it cant be done at a reasonable price then the market for it disappears. And no market means no money. And no money means no recovering all the hard work you put into developing a receiver. Pirate needs no accolades from me but I have kept an eye on him for several years now. The guys real good but he also has other fish to fry. You can only spend so much time beating your head against a wall before it hurts and you want to work on something else more rewarding.

The semi-auto receiver and semi-conversion kit is worth $900 to me. What about you guys?

#60 ·
I screwed up the last prototype I had. We are in the process of setting up a new shop and I will be doing this full time. hopefully by friday we will have the power on, the new mill set up and everything ready to get to work on saturday. it will be one of the priority projects I am working on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.