Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG AMT prototype receiver

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

From pirate
    "Sprat, if you think it is so easy do it".,

pirate it has been done by others who have the skill, As pointed out by arashi & tokarev. this comment was in no way a reflection of your project, only if it can be done by others then anyone who sends the time can do it.
    I was waiting like others here for your project to take off. and I know you are working on it and perfecting it.

as far as me making one I cheated and bought a receiver, (it comes from a confiscated gun - police demilled )I am following your lead and milling out the trunnion.

Kaveman
    "Pay no mind to Sprat".
    congrats your kits came with front trunnion many didn't. folks should pay attention, I have built one of the few 70% fn fal receivers into a functional rifle, with hand tools ( find the post here at gunco), three sig p-228's in both steel and alum( find on roderus). I have hand carved ( hand tools)a DSA 0% ar-15 receiver, & I roll my own AK receivers( found on ak.net builders 1)
    I don't recall any hand made projects from you Kaveman, I could be wrong and if you point out your HAND builds I will be the first to stand corrected

you see the art of personal destruction is a trait of members of the democratic party

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by arashi View Post
    Any progress? I need 3...

I have seen 2 of these built with homemade receivers and they still wanted over $3k for them.

I've heard of one built from 1.5" square metal tubing (.065" walled). It may be easier to start with quailty tubing and well the mag well on?
    yea,me too.
    Should I start looking for tubing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

any idea where to get a complete kit?? looks like dsa only has them with no trunnion or mag...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

anyone?? please...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Guys, we would all love to get our hands on a receiver. Hell I would pee myself in a public place for one. And Im sure Phila Ordance or someone could mill one out of a block o'steel but then we can expect a $1000 receiver which kills off most of the market. So the issue isnt can it be done. The issue is, can it be done for a reasonable price. If it cant be done at a reasonable price then the market for it disappears. And no market means no money. And no money means no recovering all the hard work you put into developing a receiver. Pirate needs no accolades from me but I have kept an eye on him for several years now. The guys real good but he also has other fish to fry. You can only spend so much time beating your head against a wall before it hurts and you want to work on something else more rewarding.

The semi-auto receiver and semi-conversion kit is worth $900 to me. What about you guys?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan762 View Post
    The semi-auto receiver and semi-conversion kit is worth $900 to me. What about you guys?

I would buy 4 sets at $900 a peice and be happy to do it!!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan762 View Post

Nuts!

Unless you mean drop in receiver, ready to assemble.

Judging from tool marks this receiver was stamped (formed) with ram against the die. Nobody in gun parts business has technology or money to do it right. To think that it can be bend from flat is rather riskey.

Repair pieces are needed, machined and welded.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by arashi View Post
    I would buy 4 sets at $900 a peice and be happy to do it!!!
    Looks like less work than the VZ58 receivers being sold by Rapid fire for $279+$110 for Semi trigger/sear/piston/plus= $389.00 so $900 is way out there- IMO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

sooo.. anyone know a where i can get a kit with the trunnion??

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I screwed up the last prototype I had. We are in the process of setting up a new shop and I will be doing this full time. hopefully by friday we will have the power on, the new mill set up and everything ready to get to work on saturday. it will be one of the priority projects I am working on.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

amt ak trunnion

pe57 semi auto receiver repair section

sig amt receiver

sig amt receiver for sale
sig amt receiver project
swiss stg57 in kosovo
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.