Need a Browning HP pistol print.

Thread: Need a Browning HP pistol print.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Need a Browning HP pistol blueprint. HELP!!!

Anyone out there have actual blueprints of the Browning High power in 9mm they could pass along? Specifically looking for the barrel cam pin dimensions/location. Any help would be appreciated hi power owners. Thanks!!

ptannjr, Thanks for the parts diagrams(saved em too) but really need a blueprint with all dimensional measurements of this pistol. Again, any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by synweap223; 05-19-2007 at 01:02 AM.
    "A large caliber is good to have, but its shot PLACEMENT that counts"
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Consider this, Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Ocala and Marion County Car Audio

Feedback Score

Any Hi Power owners out there?
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Does anyone at all have a blueprint for this pistol? Help me out PLEASE! I have an opportunity to buy a FN Hi Power dirt cheap but the cam pin is cracked, and I need the print to fab another one. If you have this info PLEASE pass it along! Thanks!!
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Man I wish I could help, but I can't.

If the pin is just cracked you should be able to get a good idea of it's origonal demensions.
    Numrich has a listing for this pistol, take a look they might have the part you need.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got the cam pin. I just have to find it. Might take some time. I'll be glad to take measurements and post a sketch if I can find it. I'm not much of a draftsman but will do my best if it would help. Let me know.

My suggestion is to contact Bill Laughridge at Cylinder and Slide in Fremont, Nebraska. He is the best hi-power mechanic I know personally. He probably has or can locate the part. It is really not a do it yourself project. The pin has to be located, pressed and then finished off to the level of the outside of the frame. I would ask him what he would charge to do the job. I have seen it done by others after a fashion. Not a purty sight if they don't care about what they are doing.

Feedback Score

Thanks for your responses guys, any and all help is appreciated. For info, this is an older Hi Power, that had a lot of hot rounds through her, and the cam pin has a crack dead center. I looked it over real quick and said I'd think about purchasing it, after finding out the necessary work involved in repairing it. It still functions too, I witnessed two mags of WWB through it and I guess thats a testament to Mr Brownings design work, but I still want that cam pin replaced. I know of C&S and they are HIGHLY recommended, but also a bit pricey(though Bills work is beyond good from examples I've handled), which winds up being my dilemma. I buy this pistol for chicken feed, and have to send it out to do $300 worth pin grinding, pressing and leveling, by the end of which I will have spent enough for a new Springfield XD9. or just do it all myself and have a dirt cheap Browning in my safe. Well, since I like this hobby of mine,and the challenge is there, I'd really like to do it myself. So Resting, any help you can offer I'd appreciate, especially any drawings and measurements you can provide to help me out with this.

Also, added note, this will be my very first Hi Power, and from just handling it once, it fits the hand like an old friend. They point quite nicely, and have a "classic" look and feel to them. I have confidence this can be done at home with a good press and precision measuring, some precision cutting, and drilling, and the correct dimension for the cam pin wouldnt hurt either! So as soon as I have these figures to locate and fab one, I'll just wait a week or two to purchase this pistol. Thanks again guys for all the info.
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score

If you've already picked up the frame C&S is you're best bet to get it fixed-won't be cheap though. As far as Hi Powers-here are a few of my builds...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Cam pin dimensions, old large lug 5.4mm, new lug small 4.93mm.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.