Galil Ejector Rail Hardness?

Thread: Galil Ejector Rail Hardness?

Feedback Score

Default Galil Ejector Rail Hardness?

Took my new Galil build to the range today. New ORF receiver. Ran great with Wolf, and brass cased ammo. Put around 60 rounds through it. Took it apart tonight and noticed the ejector rail was worn a bit. Much more than I expect for only 60 rounds. Has anyone taken a close look at theirs?

I'm a bit worried as to the longevity of these receivers. If the ejector wears down WTF do we do then?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My ORF ejector rounded off a bit also and did so quickly. It seemed to stop wearing after about 100 rounds. Im well into 1500 rounds now and it still ejects well and the wear has not gotten any worse. I have two more ORF receivers that Im building into rifles at this time and they both have minor issues that need to be dealt with. Bottom line is that ORF receivers are not IMI receivers and I dont beleive ORF will ever get it 100% right. I've seen several outstanding recommendations given to ORF for product improvement and all seem to have been ignored. When your the only game in town you don't need to be perfect. That being said, their receivers are very usable. I suspect that you ejector will be fine. Good luck anyway.

Feedback Score

Thanks, makes me feel better. I've got alot of time and $ in this one and I want it to last!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Talk to Pullthru 1948 because he also had a similiar concern regarding ejector and had his receiver tested for hardness independently of ORF. As I recall he got the results with hardness of Rc 40-45 range which is just fine.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score

Smile

My receiver checked out at 41 Rockwell C if I recall correctly.
    Having said that, I had the ejector pushing back also. Wish I could have reached the ejector itself to test just that, but not possible. I don't use it much, but have just been "deburring" as I go. Decided it was a new and advanced feature which is beyond my comprehension.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.