Build Questions on Mac-11 & UZI

Thread: Build Questions on Mac-11 & UZI

Feedback Score

Default Build Questions on Mac-11 & UZI

Hey everyone I have been looking at buying a Mac-11 in 9mm and I was also looking at buying a UZI full sized pistol. The Mac is still in my price range but the UZI shot up in price to where I can afford it right now.

My Mac questions are-

I can buy a mac for $369 would it be any cheaper to build?

Where are good places to look for mac parts?

My UZI questions are-

Can I build a full size UZI pistol cheaper then $800 it would cost to buy?

Where are good places to buy UZI kits?

I really want a UZI but the price is at this time keeping me from it. The Mac is cheaper to buy ready to fire. I would just really like to know if either are cheaper to build.

Also any good step by step instructions on both? Thanks everyone.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score

How much cheaper is it to build vs buy right now. I did an AR project and the cost to build to was way cheaper then to buy. Im not sure if it would be that way with a Mac or a UZI build.

I like the UZI I found on Atlantic firearms - AR15 & AK47 rifles - Olympic arms at wholesale its a full sized pistol. I dont want a stock on one.

The Mac is probly cheaper to buy ready to take to the range. Thanks for help moleman and input from everyone who answers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I looked long and hard at an Uzi build a few years ago. The Uzitalk forums is the main source of info.

To be frank, you can't really build one any more cheaply than buying one. Now, the last 6 months may have changed that, I couldn't say because I haven't looked. I paid $900 for my IMI rec. Uzi and haven't regretted it. You could get the Vector Uzi for $600 but recent events may have caused those to dry up. Anywhere in-between those prices would be a good deal IMO.

There are two ways to build one, via a complete receiver build + SA conversion, or via welding a torched kit onto a "repair section", and performing the same SA conversion steps. Receivers are hard to find, as only a few sell them, and I think they only come in limited runs every so often.

Parts kits are hit and miss on quality, and you should expect kits to be in the "well used" category. Sarco was the only place that had kits at one time.

There are shim kits to buy that provide the internal blocks into the receiver shell, again welding is involved which may be a factor depending on your tooling.

After all of that work, that Uzi for $989 doesn't sound like such a bad deal. I'm surprised to see they are up to $1199 but then again the Uzi pool is drying up, so if you want one you should get one now.

I have one, I enjoy shooting it. "It just works". There are better things out there to be certain. Lighter things too - they are heavy I like having one in the collection.

I don't have much to say about the MAC. "They just work" just like any other bullet hose. I've seen receiver flats for them, however I do not know about parts availability.

< $400 sounds like a great deal and probably better bang for the buck (pun intended!) vs. an Uzi. That is, if you simply want a shooter. If you're a collector you'll find a way to get both!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Im finding a to try lol to get atleast one right now. The mac is what im working on getting and if I come across a good deal on an UZI im going to try hard to get. Im kicking myself for not getting one that I saw for 500 bucks but I built an AR. I have a feeling from talking to others that building a Mac is not any cheaper then buying one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If it were me, I would buy a Masterpiece Arms Mac. I've got the MPA930 and it is very good quality, and also very reliable. Actually it is quite accurate too. The weight combined with the fixed barrel make it a tack driver....if you can use the sights. They are available with a side charger and scope rail which would make the gun even more useable. Anyway take a look at the MPA930, known as the "mini-mac" I love mine. oh and they use sten mags which are still somewhat inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

From what I've seen, your better off buying an assembled MAC, when you figure in your labor on top of all the stuff to build your not really saving anything.

Feedback Score

Hey thanks guys thats what i've been seeing on building a mac and have been told by just about everyone.

I want to get the full size mac from Master Piece Arms in 9mm and im saving for that cant be atlanticfirearms.com price at 369.00 right now. They are a 4-6 week back order but thats ok I should have the funds by then.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.