Stupid crazy 922r questions regarding flash hiders

Thread: Stupid crazy 922r questions regarding flash hiders

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Stupid crazy 922r questions regarding flash hiders

I know this may sound stupid but in case any one here knows

if i weld 2 inport flash hiders together to make 1 long flash hider does it count as 2 import parts or 1?

also I think I read once if you permently weld a import muzzle device (in this case a flash hider to a non threaded muzzle) to a import barrel they become 1 import part not sure if it was just opinion or fact.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It'll be counted as one part.

Permanently attaching a muzzle device doesn't keep it from being counted under 922r, either.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Welding two imports together equals one part for 922r, If you weld one to the barrel, it becomes part of the barrel and is not counted as a foriegn part, besides counting the barrel itself.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Not a stupid question.
    But a 555th pointed out, welding a muzzle device to the barrel makes both count as one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'll have to respectfully disagree with that one.

The Armory USA K101s have welded US made muzzle brakes and they're still counted.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    I'll have to respectfully disagree with that one.

The Armory USA K101s have welded US made muzzle brakes and they're still counted.

Once they are welded on, they become part of the barrel. If the barrel is a foreign part, the whole welded assembly counts as one foreign part. Even on the K101s. Actually there is no longer a muzzle device there to count.

Unless you can stack them like on the AMD65s barrel extension, it doesn't matter.

You can always be on the safe side and count it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    Once they are welded on, they become part of the barrel. If the barrel is a foreign part, the whole welded assembly counts as one foreign part. Even on the K101s. Actually there is no longer a muzzle device there to count.

Unless you can stack them like on the AMD65s barrel extension, it doesn't matter.

You can always be on the safe side and count it.
    I understand the reality of it.

I also have heard from manufacturers that it still counts, even though it's welded.

If if DIDN'T count (once it was welded), why would Armory USA have welded a US made muzzle brake on to the K101, when they could have used the superior Bulgarian c-cut muzzle brakes? By your logic, it would have been legal, but they went with the more expensive and slightly less functional part.

Makes one think.

Feedback Score

im with nalioth on this one.

ive always argued 555ths argument. but then finally someone who was arguing the other side posted direct links to official atf documents with the pertinent parts in them to show that even if its permanently attached, its a separate foreign part.

his argument may not have been 100% true and correct, but there was more than enough info there to make me cautious as to weather id count it. id err on the safe side with this one.

i wish i could remember where it was and post a link to the thread. im almost positive it was on the akfiles site. if it was there, im positive it would be under the biy subforum, as thats the only one there i visit.

and afa welding 2 fh together, the way i understood it, if it started out as a foreign fh, is will always be a foreign fh. if you made a fh out of a foreign barrel, gas tube, hammer, trigger, whatever, it would be domestic, as the part never started out as an import fh.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.