Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am working on a MAS 49/56 Build.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hello Coils, Why not build an AR-10 clone from your MAS-49 action ??? The straight line stock goes well with optics.
    HMMM sounds like a good idea. Can the AR10 mags be used? Got any details anywhere on this?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Hello Coils,
    Not sure about the AR-10 mags in the MAS-49 magwell. M-14 mags should have no problem fitting as they are rather compact for a .308 mag.
    Wish I had some pics of those conversions. They are long gone (sold to AR-10 enthusiasts actually).

The only trick part is the stock and pistolgrip adapter. Mine were made of milled aluminum but I believe that a fiberglass item would do the job especially for fellows without a milling machine. The AR grip fitting was made of 3/8 inch steel and welded to the trigger guard (after a bit of re-shape with a hammer). However this trigger guard assembly was then bolted to the action (through the above aluminum block) via the original MAS rear tang screw hole in reverse direction from the original screw.

A G-3 or AR flash hider makes the barrel look authentic.

While I milled my own steel scope mount and it was a PITA. Get a French original. They slip right on, no sweat GI.

Oh yea, I replaced the plastic door knob on the cocking handle with a small knurled steel sleeve.

VD PS... think I'll look around for another MAS-49.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Mag question.

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    HMMM sounds like a good idea. Can the AR10 mags be used? Got any details anywhere on this?
    FN-FAL mags fit fine.The only issue is the way the original MAS mags latch in.They carry the latch not the receiver.I am working on a FAL type latch in the receiver. Russ

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into this some more.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Too long ago I wanted an AR-10 and of course had no money. I saw the McGann industries conversion of the MAS 49/53 rifle and was impressed. They don't make it any more but the concept might be worth investigating.

"MOLON LABE!!"
    Spartan King Leonidas to the Persians in response to 'Lay down your arms.'

"COME AND TAKE THEM!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.