Thread: Any Mastercam Gurus here.

Feedback Score

Angry Any Mastercam Gurus here.

Im trying to program a SPI 2011 frame, I downloaded the file from cncguns but I cant seem to do much at all with it. I try to set zero on a corner but it just places it out behind the part like its on a different plane. I try to scale it and it gives an error. Cant do anything besides move the part around and look at it. What am I doing wrong????

Feedback Score

Hello joezx10r,
    You might check in with the fellows at Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web for some CNC help. They also have a gunsmith forum among many others. Wish I could help but it has been too many years and I'd get my "G" and "M" codes screwed up.

VD

Feedback Score

I finally took it to work and and our engineer figured out the problem it needed to be converted so that mastercam can read the geometry. Dumped it in Inventor converted it to a Step file and its ready. Im programing it now and will machine it very soon, now I gotta order the polymer lower of the frame and small parts and Ill have a very sweet 1911. Ill start a build thread on it when I start the CNCing.

Feedback Score

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.