Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: jungle nagant

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Lightbulb jungle nagant

hey guys
    after reading trxs post on a 7.62x54 conversion for an enfield
    had the idea of a moisin set up like a jungle carbine
    i diddnt think it was a good idea to tie up his thread with our thoughts on it
    so i started one specificly for it
    my appologies to trx for taking up his thread
    disclaimer out of way ----
    now most of the stuff is mostly apperance
    viper dude pointed me to a cone flash hider that should work from numrich arms gun parts-gotta see if there still availible
    he also xplained to me an enfield mag wont fit due to size and its a double stack
    i was thinking about using a 10 round mag from a sks it would kinda give the effect oer even a 20 rounder but can it be made to fit?
    again another hair brained idea but hey its fun!
    and is anybody good at paint shop or such to make a sketch?
    Last edited by zteknik; 09-30-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added xtra g

Feedback Score

Hello zteknik,
    An Enfield box mag shell perhaps could be attached over the MN box for effect. The SKS mag is too small for the x54R round.

A Finnish MN stock may look a bit more Enfield-like though they are spendy. So would a bent down bolt handle.

Can't help with the PC Paint mock-up.

VD

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Why bust up a collectible Finn stock? Go to Richard's Microfit stocks ( Richards Microfit Gunstocks ) and pick out a good one. Saves the Finn stock, looks great and might even cost less.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zteknik View Post
    hey guys
    after reading trxs post on a 7.62x54 conversion for an enfield
    had the idea of a moisin set up like a jungle carbine
    i diddnt think it was a good idea to tie up his thread with our thoghts on it
    so i started one specificly for it
    my appologies to trx for taking up his thread
    disclaimer out of way ----
    now most of the stuff is mostly apperance
    viper dude pointed me to a cone flash hider that should workfrom numrich arms gun parts-gotta see if there still availible
    he also xplained to me an enfield mag wont fit due to size and its a double stack
    i was thinking about using a 10 round mag from a sks it would kinda give the effect oer even a 20 rounder but can it be made to fit?
    again another hair brained idea but hey its fun!
    and is anybody good at paint shop or such to make a sketch?
    The Tokarev SVT-40 detachable mag might possibly be modified to work since it is in 7.62x54R cal. Bit pricey, though.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

i like that idea vd i have a few donor mags ones that arent numbered to anything and a couple of orphaned moisin box mags have welder can do!just have to figure out how to do it and still have it function
    i also have a a couple of bent moisin bolts i picked up at a funshow years ago
    i agree sjohnson-dont wanna bust that stock up!ill poke around on that site they have some good candidites i know they had synthetic stock available but dude its a moisin!
    wanna retain some"old world"
    thats also a good idea runot59
    now if i can poke through my pile and find one to compare even if i buy another it wont go to waste!
    ideas ideas!thanks sofar for all the input!
    figure if i ever do become unemployed ill have some work to keep me busy-just as long as i stock up on the stuff now so i dont have to spend money then!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just get one of these and reload!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

got 2 3 if you count that ishapore one in 308
    nice looker mole!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, Its a 9/46 Fazakerley that I got from a collector who needed some money. I wish I would of been able to get the #4 he had also. They were all in like new condition. Since the bolt handle on the moisin goes through the rear bridge of the receiver you might want to make it more like a #6 Austrailian and use the rear sight thats already on the barrel?
    Last edited by moleman; 09-30-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: add austrailian so nobody has a cow

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Thanks, Its a 9/46 Fazakerley that I got from a collector who needed some money. I wish I would of been able to get the #4 he had also. They were all in like new condition. Since the bolt handle on the moisin goes through the rear bridge of the receiver you might want to make it more like a #6 and use the rear sight thats already on the barrel?
    thats how aquired a lot of my collection the 3 d`s death divorce and destitution!!!wish i got paid now what i was paid then!
    good idea mole-i have a couple of trashy bolts to practice on
    i could try grafting the rear of enfield bolt on the moisin(cocking part)
    or is that possible?gotta put them side to side to compare
    did your Fazakerly come with a bayo?i have one with a broken grip and havent been able to find a correct one-made one do from an earlier bayo though but looks like well not like it belongs

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nope, no bayonet or even sling. I got the sling in the photo at a gunshow. I would like to get a bayonet for it, but they're pricey when ever I find an original. I still haven't even taken it out hunting yet and it doesn't look like its going to get to go this year either. For the bolt handle I think the only enfield looking option would be to bend it down and drill a lightening hole in the bottem of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.