Thread: New PPS 43 AK Receiver hybrid?

Feedback Score

Question New PPS 43 AK Receiver hybrid?

I've been following various gun build discussions on several forums for a few years now, and I'm amazed at the gunsmithing skills and ingenuity many of you possess. Many of the weapons are so beautiful and not commerically available as well, which makes the idea of personal gunmaking even more compelling.

I have an idea that I've been thinking about for some time that seems so simple and attractive at the same time. I'm familiar with the 2xtm ak conversion, which is so beautiful that i was inspired to buy some flats and other parts. but then I had an idea--why not make an AK 47 receiver frame that rivets/attaches/detaches to the pps 43 lower receiver and uses the pps 43 bolt and action instead of the ak bolt. What I'd like to see is same kind of modular upper/lower receiver system that can swap out like the AR 15. I know this idea will be interesting to many of you--this can also work with the KP 44 as well.

Perhaps making a sleeve for the ppsh 43/kp44 bolt that is the same shape as the ak bolt and attaching both together could make this so build so simple that I'm Drooling at the possibility...attach the AR 15 style receiver barrel assembly, put in the bolt, and load the gun.

Hmmm....

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofspeed View Post
    Iidea--why not make an AK 47 receiver frame that rivets/attaches/detaches to the pps 43 lower receiver and uses the pps 43 bolt and action instead of the ak bolt. Hmmm....
    The difficulty is that the PPs43 bolt in it's original form is unlawful.

The action of the PPs43 is a trigger and release lever for the bolt. I've not seen this action approved (open bolt) for decades.

Forgive me, Welcome!

And I'm sorry not to be more encouraging on your first post.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    It's beautiful. I was trying for a different concept--using the original lower without modifications, with a swappable upper receiver based on the original bolt with the upper modified section of the ak 47 bolt attached to the pps 43 bolt, and a modified Ak reciever flat that can either be longer than normal AK flats, or a two piece upper receiver made with two normal AK 47 flats cut down and joined together with barstock and can be detached from the pps43/kt44 lower.

A swappable upper receiver based on an AK flat( means we can all have an multiple uppers with different calibers.

Search tags for this page

ar15 kp44 bolt

pps 43 hybrid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.