Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosin pistol in 54R

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score

hay you got one, and for a good price. now try
    Tennessee Gun Parts
    for some parts that youll need. and they are not to far from my house. I new you could not resist....... muttman

Feedback Score

Has anyone seen a source for a Mosin-Nagant rifle barrel with a receiver stub attached ?? I noticed that Tennessee Gun Parts is out of those.

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there out of complete bolts also and a lot of other stuff. Hmmm maybe I should have just spent $80 and got a whole gun. :I

either way Im going to mess with this A detachable mag and some a scope mount and what ever i can do to cheap. Id really like a bolt action x25 with a 16 inch barrel and a folding or colapsable stock with a low power scope or red dot. Im not sure a 7.62x45 pistol would be much fun. a month ago there were recivers going for $15 now there are none. Im going to have to find a cheap bolt to mess with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Barrels by Model & Condition : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

Barrels with reciver stub. clearly these are not a reciver any more and what ever you turn them into is no longer the original fire arm. weld on a demilled rear stub and it could be a pistol reciver IMOO. the serial numbers will not come up as any thing or as demilled.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    I'm waiting for the horror stories when you guys begin separating a Mosin barrel from its receiver.
    I have some chunks of 2" square steel bar stock for the barrel vise, and some 1-3/4" aluminum to make the bushings. I haven't started on the action wrench yet.

Bolted to my heavy old Gorton milling machine on one end, and my fat ass swinging from a long cheater bar on the other, I'll either unscrew the barrel or twist it into a swizzle stick!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Originally Posted by sjohnson
    I'm waiting for the horror stories when you guys begin separating a Mosin barrel from its receiver.
    I was considering leaving it in cutting it off and boring it out to a smaller size and then threading or bressan pinning a new barrel in. I doubt I can cut the mosin threads any ways. it would work for a x25 barrel for sure and maybe oter higher power stuff.

i talked to the guy that had the gun I bought he told me that it has a pretty good bore and it is a carbine so maybe Ill use the barrel that on there who knows. its a $25 R&D project.

I need to get a 07 FFL mso I can build and sell recive and ship ect. if i dont find a Job soon I may have to create one for my self making something. Got the tools and the building might as well look into it. Im not sure my zoneing will allow it.

Im need good advive on doing this and an idea of the costs and insurance issues.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Barrel/receiver threads are 60 degree, 16 tpi. OD of the barrel is 0.975" and it is threaded shoulder to end for 0.940"

From Mosin Nagant Rifle Specifications
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

what degree is a US thread?? Im not think good right now. I do know im looking at trying to do 16 TPI in 1" for sthe screw build. Im sure I can cut it if I have the gears for it.

maybe instead of a chamber adapter a new barrel in 7.62x39 with a modifed bolt head would be the hot ticket. looks like a insert could be easly pressed in or pinned in or screwed in or TIG,d in very lightly

a 22-250 or 243 pistol would be a lot more fun

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    what degree is a US thread?
    60 degree. Whitworth and some old Mausers were 55 degree.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.