Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: build your own FN P90

Feedback Score

Mr TRX,
    Just a thought I shared with vz58 on his AR 17HMR project and reading about straight walled case adhesion here on this thread. I have an AMT 22MAG pistol that appears to be a staight blow back. The trick they used to "Retard" the action was to dimple the chamber so the case would stick a litte better until pressure dropped to delay cycle the action. Just food for thought. BTW... If you need some tungsten let me know as I have a few chunks some where (if I can find em) .

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

The new keltec pistol appears to use the spring loaded barrel to retard the action.

TRX I have an old atlas lathe. It is unused now. what model do you have perhaps we could work out a deal on any parts you may need.
    I have a new 3 jaw on it too......

Feedback Score

Hello TRX,
    You might consider using a 1 HP treadmill DC motor with speed controller for your Atlas lathe. The variable speed is really handy.

VD

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have a 3HP three-phase motor sitting here for it, but I've been procrastinating on ordering the Variable-Frequency Drive box. Since the motor was free, going VFD will cost about the same as a DC motor and controller.

This will also let me get rid of all the pulleys except the main one on the headstock. They're all worn badly, and weren't particularly round to start with. Getting rid of them ought to make the poor thing run a lot smoother.

It's all a matter of allocating available time between maintaining the CarFleet, working on (too many) gun projects, remodeling the house, that "work" stuff, and drooling mindlessly in front of the computer...

I remember the years of teenage angst, when days felt like weeks and I was so bored I couldn't stand it. Ah, the good old days...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

TRX I am not sure if you are talking about converting 3 phase to single but I tried that on my big lathe. IT BLOWS so I went 5 hp single phase.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

pic 1

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Progess up until mid-April, when I broke my foot and had to take a break on anything that involved standing up. I don't have a follower rest for the lathe, didn't want to pay $125 for one off eBay, and didn't want to sidetrack the gun project by starting a steady rest project, so I just made about eleventy zillion .003-ish passes to keep the barrel from chattering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.