Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Maadi-Griffin build

Feedback Score

Any one here still working on your 50's??

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mine's stalled for a while. I'm going to try to slipstream a little work in on the Maadi and some other projects, but most of the gun projects are going into plastic storage tubs so the parts don't go walkabout while I do some major shop cleanup, machine repair, and re-tooling.

I got a partial set of pistol blueprints from the gun's original designer, back in the 1960s. My wife got tired of seeing me mooning over them, said, "you know you want to do it," and offered to help finance the build. Plus, as she noted, the guys who designed and built it are online and available to talk to now, but since they're in their eighties, it might not be a good idea to put things off until later. So I've sidelined everything else, delved down into some mad money I'd been saving for a rainy day, and spending the hell out of it...

Feedback Score

I have all the parts made, getting ready to heat treat them. I couldn't find a firing pin spring so i'm going to have to make one. What kind of pistol are you talking about??

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was going to try to slide a little MG work into the queue. How the HECK did you cut out the middle of the receiver where the lugs are?!

If you try to make the receiver in a single piece you need a 1/2" end mill with a 3-1/2 or 4 inch reach out of the collet. They make 6" end mills for $80, but how can you keep the Chatter Monkey at bay while cutting that deep down in a hole?

The other project. For some reason I can't attach anything to Gunco any more. But I'm building one of these: Modern Firearms - AMP Auto Mag

A little packet showed up today with another $400 worth of exotic oddball collectible stainless steel parts... I'm just throwing money at the little bits so I can concentrate on the frame, receiver, bolt, etc.

Notice the receiver is vaguely similar to a Maadi; I figured while I was tooling up to do that, I might do the Maadi receiver too. As long as my wife doesn't find out; she wants me to concentrate all my efforts on the pistol, and she's helping finance it...

Feedback Score

I did mine into 2 peices so i could get to it a little easier. turned a step on the 2 and pressed them together, then tigged.

Feedback Score

Wow, i always wanted an Auto mag! I wound up with a desert eagle in 44mag and 50ae. The 44 feels like a 22 after shooting the 50 for a few rounds. LOL

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So far that seems to be the way everyone is doing it. I'll probably go that route, then.

I've put a lot of .44 through a Desert Eagle, but I've never had the opportunity to shoot a .50. Though the Auto Mag was touted as the biggest and baddest in its day, the .454 Casull predates it by over 20 years. That's marketing for you.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.