Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Project Wish List

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hmmmmmm your right you should finish something before getting any more projects started.

I want to do in no order of importance.
    1 smokeless powder muzzel loader on a bolt action like a mosin or even a AK reciver.
    2 a bolt action pistol in a large calbure or hunting.
    3 a 17hmr auto loader.
    4 a 6mmx284 on a 308 saiga with a heavy barrel for 1000 yard shooting.
    5 50 bmg i already have the barrel.
    6 the list just goes on

I have parts for well over 20 AK projects and ablout 50 barrels in various caliburs. time money and life keep getting in the way. not to mention I need to reload about 5000 rounds by june.

I dont really see the need for your 30-06 ar as the 308 is so damm close in performance other than to say you did it. same with the 30-06 AK really not a lot of gains especialy on a two lug trunion. Id be looking more into a WSM on a hand made super trunion.

My mosin pistol will happen once I find enough cut up pieces to weld back together. I really need a coule back ends of mosin recivers.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    1 AND ONLY 1: SOMETHING I CAN AMBUSH THE ENEMY AT 1000 YARDS USING ONLY A BIPOD.
    Hwa-ha-ha!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I dont really see the need for your 30-06 ar as the 308 is so damm close in performance other than to say you did it.
    That's basically it.

On the other hand, once you're building a receiver from scratch, there is no real reason *not* to build it to take a 3.25" cartridge instead of a 3" cartridge. I can reload '06 for the same price as .308, and the longer action opens up many options, like, oh, .35 or .400 Whelen, 7.65x53 Mauser, .25-06, .30 Gibbs...

Though I'm fully aware of the specifics of (at least some of) the various military and civilian .308 and 7.62x51 variants, I have no interest in the cartridge.

hmmmmmm your right you should finish something before getting any more projects started.
    I have parts for well over 20 AK projects and ablout 50 barrels in various caliburs. time money and life keep getting in the way. not to mention I need to reload about 5000 rounds by june.
    Don't look at me, *I* don't see any problem here...

My mosin pistol will happen once I find enough cut up pieces to weld back together. I really need a coule back ends of mosin recivers.
    There's a guy on Weapons Guild who was making Mosin receiver repair sections. I just spent ten minutes over there trying to find the thread for you, without any luck. WG has some good people and interesting stuff, but I find it really hard to navigate.

I will, of course, put the dimensions of my scratchbuilt rear half in my pistol build thread when I get that far. Not that you need them, considering your experience. Unless you want to faithfully reproduce the shape of the original Mosin, it's just a tube with a few mill cuts.

Feedback Score

a m/n pistol build on wepons guild!!! sad but I missed it. now that Im back from reading the first build looks like what I was thinking of, tube to receiver. muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there are a lot of things I want to finish.

Im a big 30-06 fan and have owned one since I was 12. I have 5 right now (i think) IMOO the round is longer than nessacry with todays modern powders. the 308 based variants all do close to or as much as the 30-06 variants. today short fat cases with better more even powder burning capability are the current trend. If I wanted more than a 308win in a 30 cal id be looking at a WSM or some of the 284 wild cats if i was going to a smaller calibur. a 25-06 is a great round and so is a 6.5mm-06 but they dont gain a lot over 260 rem. and unless your going up in bore size you likely will have a barrel burner. there is even 22-06 wild cat but barrel life is poor. I do see you point woth biggger caliburs. hey if you can do a AR in a 30-06 length case morepower to you im all for it.

On a AK it would take a source of saiga 3 lug bolts and trunions or a aftermarket super trunion and bolt for me to get excited about doing much more than 308 based variants due to they can hold all the powder and make all the pressure a normal AK trunion can handel. So im not sure what good a bigger case would be if you need to down load it and not have the most effeciant and accurate powder to case size ratio. Any round can be down loaded but you will likley loose accuracy when the case is not mostly full of powder due to uneven burn.

a 7mm variant would be cool an the 7mm mauser as well as its off spring the 257 Robrts would be fun. not sure what it would give over a 7mm-08 or a 260 but you would be the first on the block to have one. got some argentine ammo as well

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have several in the works,but I would love an M-14 or AR-10 for the new year!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trukfixr View Post
    I have several in the works
    And they are...?

Feedback Score

Finishing a 22 pistol that uses a ruger bolt, barrel and gsg 5 mag in a bolt together receiver. . Starting a 2011 pistol and drawing the grip frame. Something for the 5.7 round, havnt figured that out yet. Finishing a lathe build.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What happened to your bolt-together AR? Did you finish that one?

Feedback Score

Hello joezx10r,
    What sort of lathe build are you doing ???

VD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.