Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK build experience?

Feedback Score

Default HK build experience?

I'm thinking of attempting an HK 93 clone build using the 33 parts kits that are out there. Does anyone have any experience bending the HK flat? How hard is it? Are Jigs available for use or rent?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

you can use jigs or just a round bar and a wide flat pry bar.

Feedback Score

did you price those flats? might as well buy a century C93 receiver.

Feedback Score

yes I did..and pending whether or not I win an auction will determine if I attempt the build..If I don't win, I'll probably just buy a C93 from J&G with their hand select, and tinker with it to get it the way I want. If I win the auction then I will try to build it. Half the fun is seeing what you can accomplish.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you've never built an HK before, please double check every thing with an experienced builder before welding or cutting anything. Bolt gap is widely misunderstood even among HK owners and the location of the cocking tube is critical to easy cocking.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    If you've never built an HK before, please double check every thing with an experienced builder before welding or cutting anything. Bolt gap is widely misunderstood even among HK owners and the location of the cocking tube is critical to easy cocking.
    You can borrow money on this advice for certain. About the most tricky thing is getting the shelf in properly, also there are bending jigs and mandrels going around to make the flats work out well.
    These are relatively easy builds when you've got all of the correct info. I've done three from flats w/o the jig or mandrel and I've got to say that it took a good bit of patience and tinkering to get them right. Press for a gap of .020" and it'll settle in at about .016"-.018" or so because the old used parts shall wear in to fit after some shooting.
    Good luck.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

My front end is complete, from a new barrel, got it set in the trunnion, bolt gap is right where it needs to be, (Thanks a again, over and over Kernel)

The receiver flat however has cost me buckets of money blood and pain. I tried to use the bench method and a home made jig method, both crushed me. Still waiting to afford another flat to try, and having said that, it would have been cheaper to just buy a finished receiver and build it from that.

But patience and patience are about the biggest things for an HK build (from my experience so far)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Are there any informational videos or anything for these builds? iv been eyeballing a mp5 for awhile now....
    dont want to spend the money for a parts kit till i can see what kinda hole ill be sitting in for the building process

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you go with a completed receiver instead of a flat, the actual build is pretty easy if you are a good welder. The trunnion is welded into the front of the receiver, along with the cocking tube. The MP5 doesn't use a folding cocking handle so tube placement isn't as critical on these. Once that is done, the rest is simple fitting and reassembly from field strip. If a new bbl is used you have to press it into the trunnion, but that can be done outside the gun before welding. You press it in until the bolt gap is at max and then drill and pin it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

buy a C93 from centerfire, they are great rifles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.