Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x39 Sudayev Assault Rifle

Feedback Score

Default 7.62x39 Sudayev Assault Rifle

Want to build something that looks a CETME, an AK, and a MG42 had a baby?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1236655207

Jus' throwing this out there for the WECSOG madmen.

Axis History Forum • View topic - Rifle id

Feedback Score

looks like a beefed up pps43 to me, Sudayev invented the pps43 im pretty sure. must be a delayed blowback type.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think it was a straight blow back and was very-very heavy. i believe it played a role much like the He-100 aircraft did for the Nazis.

the Soviets played it up in the press and media all the while they were issuing AK-47 and AKM's by the millions.

i did see it a few times in very old official documents.

Feedback Score

The Sudayev blow-back 7.62x39mm was a WW-II prototype as I recall. Uncle Joe Stalin really liked the concept ie an el-cheapo smg on steroids. Sudayev claimed that he could refine the weapon and reduce weight. The result was the locked breach version pictured below.

The prototype AK did in fact use some canabilised SKS parts such as the gas system. Hugo Schmeiser the famous German arms designer helped work on the AK with Kalashnikov's design team after WW-II.

VD

Feedback Score

Found something related on a popular auction site, but I'll only describe it since it's still an active auction : a 7.62x39 carbine meant to look like a Russian PPSH-41, supplied with one 75rd drum magazine. The seller believes that it's built off a VZ-52, with a barrel is just over 16 inches that's fully enclosed in the heat shield.

So.... anyone here build it?

Feedback Score

That is so COOL !!! It is a well-built VZ-52 custom into a PPSH-41 style clone w/  7.62x39 drum.  It looks very professional.  The VZ-52 compact gas system fits nicely under the PPSH-41 type barrel jacket.  It gives me some ideas. Note:  It strongly resembles the Russian PPD-38 more so than the later PPSH-41.

It also reminds me a bit of the PPS-22 rifles in .22 rimfire (that retail at $585.oo) !!!

VD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Viper Dude; 06-02-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: add stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Man I'd go a CETME then tac-cool it, you'll end up with a way more potent round, and I think you could come real close to the look your after and come in with way less weight. Some of these "Bad Boys" can get real heavy with a few goodies on them, and a loaded mag. I'm willing to bet that what you want would come in the 20lbs+ range locked +loaded with some tac cool goodies, scope + ect on it, maybe more?? That's way more than this old boy would want to haul around in a 7.62x39 round. If I did want to haul all that weight around I'd get a converted M-60 (308)or a MG-42 (8mm)and get it over with, how cool could that be!! And you'd probibly be right in about the same $ range when all was said and done as anything you add to the build you want would have to be custom made. At this point the CETME stuff is relitivly reasonable and I've seen allot more accsy., BBLS, + ect on the market for them now + mags are cheap for these + it's a great platform. It may be a good way to go, but that would be my personal prefrence, just for the ease of finding peices- parts if nothing else. Personally I'd LOVE to have a MG42!!!!!!!!! Ya could chew up some teritory with that baby!!!!

Feedback Score

Want to build something that looks a CETME, an AK, and a MG42 had a baby?
    This is what happens when a Cetme and an AK have a baby:

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yikes! Now Holescreek has found us too.

Welcome aboard!

Feedback Score

Yeah, I don't stray too far from the Cetme threads though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.