Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VZ Done, for now!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Talking VZ Done, for now!!

Well here she is finished up for now, with a bit of trigger polishing under way. I'll do this a bit at a time to get a good med trigger without being to light, I'm thinking bout 4.5 -5, should be good for general use. Mostly just smoothing out, not so much for pull. I'll try to keep it as light and compact as possible, like it was designed to be. Thanks guys for your insperation and help with parts. Coils hooked me up with the folder, which I modified to get rid of the folder cheek bite + to co-wtiness the laser and red dot. I like the FAB Defense fore grips, nice and tight and great quality, recomended. I'll take it to the range soon and see what she doe's, then I can decide if I have anything else to do. It's hot blued not painted, CNC Warrior AK 74 break,some trigger work, new BBL, modified folder, FAB Defense U/L grips, laser, Tasco 30mm Red Dot( better dot later), maybe more later? Wish it had a Krink length bbl!!! That would be sweet, mabye a later mod???? The Ballard is next!!!!
    Last edited by twa2471; 12-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like it nice job

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

some day I got to build one of them. looks good to me.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That came out nice, I really like the cheek weld piece, you did a great job on that and it looks factory.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

TWA that is way cool dude. I am not a big fan of the folders for the metal feel on my face. I do have a slightly off topic question if you will indulge me. How do the mags differ from a standard AK mag. Would a pic of each be a possibiliy? Because curious minds want to know..... Thanks for posting your build its sweet

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I also am not a huge fan of folders, but I needed at least 1!!! With the mods I made to the stock it is WAY better ergeronomicly and dosn't beat the stuffings out of the cheek bone and co-witnesses the red dot, laser and fixed sights together. I can also get to the saftey with the stock folded unlike the AK folders or after market ones. This was a very simple modification to do too. I also have the original fixed stock which is just a 1 screw change out, well 3 if you count the butt plate screws.The AK + VZ mags are entirly different and not compatible in any way. The VZ has a last rnd hold open simular to the Yugo mags, and as you can see by the pics that the ribs are in different locations too, as well as the catch assy, and the mag latch on rear of mag., and of course the VZ is alu., AK is steel .I have a few Ak's and just did up the built on this VZ and by far, the VZ is a far better gun, quality, accuraccy wise and ergeronomically, as well as a milled reciever. I reall like it allot and may do some other vareations on this platform, HUMMMMM, I don't have a Bullpup yet, that might be next!!! It will be home built not a "Tupper whare" one, there to sloppy and cheap looking for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I couldn't get enough pics on last post, so here's what I did with the folder. It really makes a HUGE differance, it makes it useible now. This is the sight in target at 100 meters 10 rounds, red is 2", I think I just may have it dialed in, what you think???

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WOW, is that 10 rounds in two holes?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup, not to bad for a boat mechanic, this is what I get for being so damn fussy, or, so everyone tells me. I used M67 Yugo fmj nothing fancy at all, though I like this ammo allot, very consistant results. I'm going to have to get some dies and try some home loads and see what happens, I'm sure I can get it better than that. I think the single was a twitch or hick-up or something, I always seem to get one flyer no matter what I do, old eyes ya know!! And after all we're not talking a target rifle here eaither. The group looks a bit better in person as I had it on an old peice of plywood and got a bunch of "splatter" around the holes, I had to flatten out the paper for the pic. loseing a couple small peices. Don't forget "COILS" I couldn't have gotten this done without you're help too, and the advice and insperation of so many others here Thanks again
    Last edited by twa2471; 06-02-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

TWA, that is an impressive group you got there Wow, thanks for the mag pics I can see why J & G sales wants 30 bucks a mag for those now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.