Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: spare Mosin butchery suggestions solicited

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default spare Mosin butchery suggestions solicited

I have a spare Mosin carbine action. 1950s made, short barrel, sidefolder bayonet, absolutely perfect metal, has everything except the wood parts and stock screws.

I could buy a stock and screws and have a nice rifle, but face it, I already have a primo Mosin 91/30, and there were eleventy zillion Mosins made, most of them still original, so there's no real incentive to "restore" this one.

So... what to do? I already have an Enfield .45-70 project, and a bolt action target rifle.

The Voices are muttering about an underfolder stock, 20-round Lahti magazine, and a PPsh-style vented metal handguard with the sidefolder bayonet. Maybe a pistol grip.
    And some kind of tacti-cool flash hider or muzzle brake...

I think the Voices as a bunch of wimps. Surely you guys can come up with more bling than that!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Look around, I just saw surplus stocks for something like $50.

Also you said you have a 91/30, what you have here is an M44, so it's not the same. And these were selling for $80-100 early last year, there's not many left in the states and are going for 200 now. That's a decent jump in just a year.
    I say put it together, shoot it a few times, and if you still don't care for it then sell or trade it for something you want.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

I'm with Coils on this one. Put a nice carbine stock on it. The only accessory I'd add is a US GI grenade launcher spigot using some bayonet hardware adapted. That would deal with the occasional tank in the yard problem.

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have been on the fence about modifing the carbine recivers I had. I ended up getting stocks from a meamber here and am going to restre them for the kids to shoot plinker rounds out of, Ill pick up a 91 reciver to cut. they have almose trippled in price oin the last three years so Im going to wait.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If and when I modify one to .30-06, I'm going to use one of the dime-a-dozen Izzys. I'd say "restore" the carbine and sell it to fund another project

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The Voices say you guys are no fun at all.

Not even an OTS-48K replica?

Feedback Score

If you are looking for a greater challenge build a drop-in Pedersen Device in 7.62x25mm for your carbine !!! It has been done before by the way. A Tokarev pistol mag may fit inside the MN magwell as a convienient placement. The result should resemble a semi-auto Delylse (SP) carbine !!!

VD
    Last edited by Viper Dude; 06-06-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: add info...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If you are looking for a greater challenge build a drop-in Pedersen Device in 7.62x25mm for your carbine !!! It has been done before by the way. A Tokarev pistol mag may fit inside the MN magwell as a convienient placement. The result should resemble a semi-auto Delylse (SP) carbine !!!

THAT WOULD BE COOL AND THERE WOULD BE A MARKET FOR THEM AS WELL. GOT ANY LINKS, TO BAD THERE IS NO X25 AMMO NOW,

I WAS THIINKING OF SOME SORT OF BLOW BACK X25 ATTACHMENT FOR ONE OF THESE A FEW MONTHS AGO.

Feedback Score

trx,
    tell you what, I'll help ya out. send it to me and I will deal with the voices , but then I want to rebuild a 91/30 with .308 blank to 54r. muttman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.