Thread: First AK Kit Build. . .

Feedback Score

Default First AK Kit Build. . .

OK, I love ya'lls site here. I do a lot of lurking, but have been into the AR scene for a while, so I've been inactive in the foreign arms realm for a while, but I gonna jump in this summer. I've shot AKs for quite some time and they were my first love, so I want to be able to work on them as well as shoot.

I've been debating between 3 main kit builds:

1.) An AMD - 65. Arms of America has a good deal on the kits and I'll get a No-Dak 65. Looks like everything should turn out right under the $400 range.

2.) A Bulgy -74 in 5.45. All my current AKs are in 7.62 so this would give a change up.

3.) Polish under-folder. Something different and I could save over buying a CAI build and hopefully do a better job.

Any thoughts, advice, criticisms . . .? Maybe I don't have the brain capacity to complete a build? ?

Thanks,
    D

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

2. Built one with a Bulgy AK74 kit and NDS-2. Build was pretty easy, it is very reliable and accurate plus fires cheap ammo.

Feedback Score

hey digg im in the same boat i actually just got the bulgy ak 74 kit from apex so far ive got it completely demilitarized its really a great kit im ordering the nds2 ez reciever this week. all the serisal numbers are matching the only piece that appears to be from a different rifle is the lower hand guard.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

you do know there isa whole AK discussion and a AK build area on this site right??

im a AMD fan and they are great guns and they look differant in a good way IMO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

An amd kit and barrel from arms of america is a good option, I have done 3 builds so far with arms of america american barrels and they built great, also I am pleased with how they shoot as well. The apex 74 kits are in very great condition so I think either option would nice. Something a little different would be to get a barrel-less amd kit, an ak-74 bolt, bolt carrier, barrel and barrel trunnion and make a 5.45x39 amd. The 45 degree amd gas block would still be usable on a 74 barrel but I would advise drilling a 90 degree gas port on the barrel even if using an akm 45 degree gas block.
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I BUILT A 223 AMD 65 USING A BULGY 223 BOLT AND IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GUNS. A 5.45 BOLT AND CARRIER SHOULD BE USABLE AS WELL. SOME OF THE amd,S HAVE A NARROW CARRIER AND DONMT NEED TO BE MODIFED BTW.

A 90 DEGREE PORT WILL WORK FINE MIGHT BE A LITTLE TOUGH TO CLEAN WITH A ANGLED BLOCK

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.