Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suomi M31

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Suomi M31

Done a few AK builds, and decided something different might be fun.

I was right...It was fun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Where did you get the kit from? I know there are a few diffrent cut types out there. Looks great BTW

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Thats really nice! I just bought a TNW kit, but can't decide whether to build it now or spend the $200.00 to SBR it. Was your trigger pack assembled? Mine is a bag of parts & loooks like a headache...Heh....heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Nice! Did you weld up the receiver or change it out? I am about in the same position, I was fixing to order a Suomi kit.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The TNW kit comes with a top tube, center section, front trunnion, and lower receiver.
    After milling 3 slots in the tube it's as simple as lining everything up and welding it together.

@Bradrock
    Mine was a bag of parts too.
    Exploded view is nice but a step by step of which parts go in first would have been helpful.
    Took me a couple times to get it right.
    Your best friend is an SKS cleaning kit pin for aligning pin holes. Then drive the alignment pin out with the actual pin.

If I had the option to SBR this I probably wouldn't spend the $200 to do so.
    Muzzle extension only sticks out of the shroud about 2-3" and the thing is about 12 pounds so don't really see the advantage to SBRing it.

I got the kit as a trade for a Yugo M70 front end and $60.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I kinda been looking at them too for something a bit different and would like a 9mm version for myself. Keep us posted on how she shoots and all the good stuff you might have run into with the build. I'd like one of those from what I've seen of them and sure wouldn't mind one to play with. I'm liking the "a bit different" things lately sense I've had just about everything know to man at this point. And lets face it ,,,, can ya ever really have enough toys????? Especially the somewhat unique stuff.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I bought mine from this fellow on GB. He's near TNW & has them in stock. Real nice on the phone when I called to pay him with credit card. I had been on waiting list at Centerfire for six months when I found his GB listing;

Original Finnish M31 Suomi part kit semi auto : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I kinda screwed up a while back and had an oppertunity to buy a used one in 9mm and didn't have the bucks at the time and passed. It was one from Century, and someone I know ended up buying it, so I've gotten a chance to shoot it sense and it, is, fun to shoot. And surprisingly enough, it was relitivly accurate. I really didn't expect that part at all.

You are right nicoroshi, that puppy is heavy, especially with a full drum!! I'd hate to hump that thing around all day!! But then again it was designed for close quarters work so it deffinatly has its neice and worked well for what it was designed for. It wasn't designed for the humping up and down mountians of Austria, but worked well in urban senario's as it was designed for. I carryed a 60 in Nam ,,,, and that would put out WAY more of a case of whoop ass on something so I didn't mind the weight at all when the SHTF. All of a sudden it didn't weight anything at all,,,,, and was a dream to carry and snuggle down behind,,,,,,,,under those cursumstances, otherwise,,,, she was a bitch, A BIG,,, FAT,,, HEAVY,,,,, THURSTY,,,,BITCH!!!! ,,,,,,,,,, Just a few terms of enderment I used to use.
    I'm sure the troops that carried one of those Suomi's would say the same today.

I have no doubt some x russian solder is on a gun forum somewhere saying the same thing, this very moment !!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

They are from Finnland. In fact Soumi is the Finnish word for Finnland. It's on their hockey sweaters & flag & such. I typed Soumi in the Ebay search & there are pages & pages of stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I did know they were mfg in Finnland but didn't the Soviet Troops use them too?? I thought I'd seen them being used by several different countrys before in documentarys, haven't I?? That bodes well for the design.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.