you don't need crows ( chicken) feet or dimples the are pretty and make your build look
+1 ON THAT i HAVE A PILE OF PRE CUT FLAT STOCK CUT LONG FOR SCRATH BUILDS LIKE A 7.62X54R OR A WAY TO MOUNT A FLOATING HAND GUARD ONTO A RECIVER SECTION THAT PROTRUDES PAST THE TRUNION. HERE AIR CRAFT SPRUCE IS REASONABLE AN IF YOU THINK WHEN YOU ORDER YOU CAN USE THE SCRAPS FOR RAILS AN OTHER PARTS IF YOU GET THE RIGHT SIZE. HIT UP YOU LOCAL HEATNG AN AIR SHEET METAL SHOP ON A FRIDAY AFTER NOON A LOT OF TIMES THEY WILL CUT WHAT YOU NEED IF ITS ALL MARKED A HEAD OF TIME FOR VERY LITTEL OR A 12 PACK. MY ADVICE GO ON A HOT DAY WITH BEER. TRY A NON UNION SHOP.

STUDY THAT AIR CRAFT SPRUCE SITE . THERE IS TUBBING IN STANLESS THATS A PERFECT FIT FOR A AK GAS PISTION THERE IS ALUMINUM THATS PERFECT FOR CUSTOM HAD GUARD/FLOAT TUBES. THERE IS STAINELSS TUBING THAT IS PERFECT FOR CENTER SUPPORTS. i WISH THEY HAD SOME 1 1/4" X 2 BAR IN 4140 BUT THEY DONT. I NEED S SOURCE FOR SMALL QUANITYS OF 4140 OR SIMULAR STOCK????? FOR LIKE MAKING SCOPE RAILS AN RSB,S REAR TRUNIONS ETC.

NATHAN I NOW RECALL YOU FROM THE OTHER SITE AN I REMEAMBER YOUR BUILD. SEEMS LIKE YOU HAD A FEW OTHER PROJECTS GOING ON AS WELL

I COULD NOT RECALL IF A AK BARREL WOULD WORK TO MAKE A VZ BARREL OR NOT.
i HAVE MADE SEVERAL IN 6.5 GRENDAL FOR A MEABER WHO I STILL OWE. I HAVE THE 14MM RH DIE FOR THE MUZZEL ATTACHEMNT AS WELL.

IN MY MIND THE BOLT IS YOUR BIGGEST ROAD BLOCK. IF A 223 BOLT WERE FOR SALE FROM ANY ONE THE REST WOULD BE EASY.

I KNOW THOSE GUNS CAN SHOOT THE 6,5 GRENDALS THE GUY DID WITH A MIDWAY BLANK I TURNED WAS PRETTY ACCURATE FOR A CHEAP BLANK.

I WISH I HAD THE REAMER .

i CAME UP EMPTY ON THE NAME OF THE GUY WHO DID THE 7.62X25 VZ. I CANT RECALL IF IT WAS A GAS OR BLOW BACK I ONLY CHAMBERED A BLANK FOR HIM.