Gunco Forums banner

The new Springfield done

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  wpage 
#1 ·
Well ,,, here she is, fresh finished up,,,

My new Springfield ready to sight in and hunt with. I'm pleased with how it came out over all,, now if she shoots as good as looks,, I'm golden,,,,

I left the stock trigger in, just polished it down to 4lbs( good for the field), polished and jeweled the bolt ect, redid the stock, satin finish, which had a couple bad dings in it and,I had to steam out. The surface was wavy too and had to block that out all over to sharpen up the "sharp lines" on the side of the fore arm. Polished the chamber lightly and worked the follower and polished, lapped the bolt face, put on a Japanese made older Bushnell 3-10.5 x45mm on it, on cantilever mounts,, nothing fancy,, but a good scope. re- hot blued it. Case hardened the safety barrel sleeve. It already had a Douglas mid profile 22" barrel on it that head spaced nice and tight and checked out perfect, not sure but I think it may be a match chamber, it measures up right , duno?? It comes in at 8lb 6 oz loaded with 5,,not to bad.

Got high hopes for it, I bought it local and know someone that has shot it before,,,,, and he said it drive tacks,,so we'll see.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I've always liked the jeweled bolts too, one of my buds had a home made jig to do it so I thought I'd give it a try. It turned out perfect,,, but,,,, OMG,,, it took some kind of time to do it right!! That takes allot of patience to get just right!! Good thing it wasn't done by the hour!!!!!

#9 ·
Knocked that one out of the park brother. Let us know how she shoots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.