Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sten tubes

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    That's where I was looking also. How do they look and are they anywhere near maching# ? That can sure save allot of time when they do match, everything already works together right.
    I picked up a couple of those. They look pretty good other than being cut into pieces. Bronze bolts. They only have the t-stocks left.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

are they anywhere near maching# ?
    I don't think they numbered the parts on a STEN, just what's stamp on the mag well?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Mine came the same as Ken3030's. Bronze bolt, t stock. The magwell is in good shape. I ordered a tube and barrel from Stenparts.com, they should be here tommorow.

Feedback Score

standard 1 1/2" OD electrical conduit (EMT) is same dimension as sten, swede K, and several other tubeguns.
    you can buy it at lowes in 10 foot lengths cheap.
    it is common 1018 steel, but is tough enough to run tens of thousands of rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you want a different caliber, I have seen a MKII the guy had converted to .38Super. All he did was ream the chamber of a spare bbl with the .38 reamer, ran fine. He did have to handload as the mag is a bit short for the max OAL on a .38Super. Since he ran .38 Major in his race guns, doing so was not an issue. He had the steel bolt, BTW, and it was an open bolt dealer sample so YMMV.

Feedback Score

Kits are fun but I want to build it all from scratch. I have the metric version of blue prints, I was hoping some one converted them or was a standard(American) set?????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.