Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: is building a flamethrower legal?

Feedback Score

Default is building a flamethrower legal?

is building a flamethrower legal?
    jeff762 likes this.
    It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.-Haruko

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Flamethrower? What flamethrower? That's a weed burner!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Roger that.I use to play a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Kinda hard to tell, it could be classified as a destructive device,???? better check the BATFE sight to know for sure.

Feedback Score

I know some years way back when, there were sold in the SGN I believe it was thru Sarco or Numrich , I cant remember that far back. But I do remember that they were demilled. So I would say that these would be considered destructive devices, Unless you can convince BATF that its farm usage to clear fields who knows. what lurks in the mind
    of the ATF Agency. However now if contact them in writing and they write you back saying its ok please let us know( Been wanting wanting one of them for years! I figured its an all in one hunting tool Killing & Cooking the meat all at once! Now thats a time saver! But seriously If you want to make one of these things you have to make it so it dont fire as far as a real Military flame thrower and you would have to explain to them in deatail how its made, safety features what your going to use as fuel, nozzles etc, & I wouldnt use a old military one just due to the fact that they are real old and would most likely need to be totally rebuilt and if you do it wrong ,You wont have to pay the High Price for a ride into space, cuz if it goes boom, You might just wind up as space particals. When these things were in use keep in mind that that is what enemy aimed at was the GI with the Tanks on his back and all it took was one good shot and you would be the toast of the roast ( and just a note keep a copy of your letters and drawings and because Inot saying that Our Goverment is Dishonest( Coughcoughbullshitcoughassholescough)but if they like something well enough they will take your idea and just use it for themselfs its been done before and when a certain Country opposed the US Goverment for doing this thier answer was Go Ahead and sue US, and this has to do with the 1903 springfield vs the mauser so to be safe cover your six with one big bullet proof, & flame retardent blanket! .....Doc

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Not a DD per ATF definition:
    (f)
    Destructive device
    --
    The
    term “destructive device” means * * *
    (2)
    any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily
    converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant,
    the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary or his delegate finds is general
    ly recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes ; . . .”
    http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations...uling-95-3.pdf
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

double
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Roger that.I use to play a little.
    Hey Railbuggy,
    Where sis you get that old extingusher, Ive been looking for some of those for years,I have even checked sleeze bay, with no luck....Doc

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Not a DD per ATF definition:
    (f)
    Destructive device
    --
    The
    term “destructive device” means * * *
    (2)
    any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily
    converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant,
    the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary or his delegate finds is general
    ly recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes ; . . .”
    http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations...gs/atf-ruling-
    95-3.pdf
    I understand what Y9ouare saying based on the ATF Ruling, But they are talking about teargas guns, a Trure Flame thrower dose not have a bore so to speak, and it has no hunting or sportsmans value. Tha ss why I had stated that in a letter to atf to say its for agrcultureal purposes clearing land etc. No matter what the rulses and regs say and yes we usally can define them pretty good, However there are usally one or two words in a ruling that can screw you, Such as in that Defination about anit-personal rounds. The flame coming out of that weapon can be considered a propellant or even a projectal under BATF under these conditions, basically it shoots flame & it projects the flame where the operator directs it somewhat, So they could very easyily lable this as a DD or AOW. But Hell if in fact they say its ok ,, shit lets get s the plans up and build these before someone little lightbulb goes off over thier head and say hey wait a minute did anyone bother to think what these gunowners can do with these,,MIne would be attached to what I would call my 30 second BBQ! for when you have to eat and run or glaze that side of beef dor your next gun builders party or family reunion, your choice, Its jusyt as these days with all that is going on with the current govermental administration I dont want to see anyone get jamed up! and even just talking about this subject I thought of several ways to possibilly make one or at least debating what materials to use, But no pun intended this wil surely be a hot topic...Doc

Feedback Score

WHY! As a former FT gunner I hope to never shoot one again, I hated that thing. instant sun birn on hand and neck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.