Thread: Starting My New Build

Feedback Score

Default Starting My New Build

Okay Gang,

I'm finally starting another 1911 build. I have a SS frame with my rails already cut (started at 80%) and am now shopping around for parts. Anyone have a good recommendation for a slide? I'm really tempted to go with the Officers slide that's been modified to fit a standard frame. I haven't a single clue where to go from here, but I am very interested in building a compact version.

My third build involved using a Commander slide and despite not making the recommended mods to the frame (as many others had suggested), it shoots flawlessly and I'm very happy with it. I'm bored now and am ready to build another one (no such thing as too many 1911s).

Co7t

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

that sounds like you are going to have a fine tool when you are finished. I have thought about building a 1911 a few times but each time I add it up I can buy one cheaper than build it. I ended up with a rock island and a C.D. that way. I need a $250 kit compleat HAHAha

Feedback Score

Yeah, my last build costed about $700.00, but nothing can beat the rush from building it from scratch, then shooting it every week.

I just got the rails on my new build cut out and now I'm in the process of fitting the slide to the frame. Time to break out the lapping compound...

Co7t

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    that sounds like you are going to have a fine tool when you are finished. I have thought about building a 1911 a few times but each time I add it up I can buy one cheaper than build it. I ended up with a rock island and a C.D. that way. I need a $250 kit compleat HAHAha

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Co7t
    Yeah, my last build costed about $700.00, but nothing can beat the rush from building it from scratch, then shooting it every week.

I just got the rails on my new build cut out and now I'm in the process of fitting the slide to the frame. Time to break out the lapping compound...

Co7t

I have a Caspian pre-fit slide and frame set waiting for me to hook-em-up with some premium parts. Buying a production gun is certainly cheaper but there's nothing like spec'ing and building MY perfect pistol. I've got a bag with assorted Ed Brown, Wilson and Novak parts to create my custom.
    how's it look?
    .....it looks loud!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.