Several people have been asking "how" I made the boltcutters work as a squeezer.

It really was a relatively simple process - I just used an angle cutter ($17 from HF) to shape them down. This is just a 5" dremel tool... thus I am certain you could use a dremel tool no problem.

I organized the page into less of a narrative and more into a procedural structure, so I hope it is a bit easier to navigate. You should be able to do all of this with 2 sets of the 24" bolt cutters. I got them from HF for $15/set. Thus, assuming you already have a dremel, for $30 you could have rivet squeezers.

I hand-fit them to get the shapes "just right" so they work on a Bulgy '74 trunion. You may have to tweak the shapes to get them to work on other trunions.

The anvil - that jaw that presses against the OTHER side and doesn't do the squeezing - is just ground flat, all the way down so that none of the cutter section is left.

Let me know if you have any questions...

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK...tershaping.htm

Here is a close-up pic of the jaws, which I scanned in with my flatbed scanner

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK...ters/jaws1.jpg