Mig welding question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mig welding question

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Default Mig welding question

I have one of the little Lincoln weldpack 100 wire welders. I have the MIG conversion kit just about installed & ready to try it out soon. I had a tank of Co2 & want to try it before buying argon/Co2 mix. My stumbling block is that no where in the instructions does it say what pressure to adjust the regulator to? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Brad
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score

5 to 10 pounds IIRC, its been a loooooong time since I used one of those little welders.

Can you tell me what your gauge says bottom pressure to top?
    "Teds of Beverly Hills" Home of the "Foil wrapped baked potato"

(\__/)
    ///\\\\
    |+...+|
    .\.|.|./
    ..(oo)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

The black numbers on the outside go from 5 to 30 the red numbers on inside ring go up to 60. I can't tell if these are pounds or something else without getting out some optivisors as the letters are TINY!

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score

I think one is PSI 5 to 30
    the red is the metric

ok i would set it to 7 to 15 psi

if you are concerned about the weld
    then weld some cut it in half and look for bubbles (porous metal) but I think you will be fine, you switching to blue shield after you get the hang of it?

(\__/)
    ///\\\\
    |+...+|
    .\.|.|./
    ..(oo)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I dunno what's " Blue sheild?" The Argon mix? I worked in welding shop several years in the late sixties & early seventies. Have always had welders of some sort. Just never the little 115 volt type. I keep putting off buying the Argon/co2 tank in favor of more parts kits! I still enjoy stick welding the most. i bought the little Lincoln to take on our camping trips because of the 115v. I guess Tig & the spot welder are next on the list. Hard explaining four or five different welders to the wife!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

BTW: Thanks Cowdawg

Feedback Score

Kg/Cm² are the red ones

(\__/)
    ///\\\\
    |+...+|
    .\.|.|./
    ..(oo)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Note, if you ever buy a tank get one from the guys who are going to fill it as many of them will not fill a tank that you did not buy from them unless you pay them to inspect it first. They claim it is a safety rule. I got given one and had to drive 40 miles to get someone who would fill it for me after it ran dry and only because a customer of mine uses a lot of gas from them, which is OK as a tank currently lasts about a year for me.

-Yarro

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Hell..........I have to drive 45 miles to see other people! The Co2 is working great at 10 pounds. I just welded up one of those U-bendum & weldum flats and it turned out real nice! It's thinner than the Weld-Paks,, so those should be EASY! I'm going to use a Weld-pak on my first Yugo build. My Co2 is in a red CokeCola tank, so I know once it's gone..it's gone. Then I'll have to pony up for a tank of Argon/Co2 mix. $160.00

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock
    Hell..........I have to drive 45 miles to see other people! The Co2 is working great at 10 pounds. I just welded up one of those U-bendum & weldum flats and it turned out real nice! It's thinner than the Weld-Paks,, so those should be EASY! I'm going to use a Weld-pak on my first Yugo build. My Co2 is in a red CokeCola tank, so I know once it's gone..it's gone. Then I'll have to pony up for a tank of Argon/Co2 mix. $160.00
    If you are welding outside you will need to turn the pressure up a bit if its windy. Indoors or in a wind free place you can turn the gas down untill it starts to spatter, Then bump it up a couple of pounds.
    Buy your US made AK-47 compliance parts here.
    Best price on US made AK parts! also $5 flat rate shipping .
    http://www.rcmgunparts.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.