Cummins Tools

Thread: Cummins Tools

somewhere in the Bristol Hills Upstate NY
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Cummins Tools

Anyone familar with Cummins Tools? They are coming to my Legion Post for a 1 day sale. Cummins comes to our post about twice a year. Much of thier stuff is Chinease POS. I have had good luck with some things, it is all about your personal use. They are advertising a 12 ton press for $99.99. If anything they are good for our Legion Post; Cummins Pays for the use of the hall in advance, leaves the hall in the clean condition, and because of the steady flow of customers they create our bar does a good business.

Byg
    Feedback Score

I dont buy much from those sales anymore,due to harbor freight store 3 minutes
    from my house.But I did go yesterday to the new carlisle sale and bought a mini lathe.I shopped around and I figured they had the best deal.It would of been about 70$ for shipping.So I hit the truck sale and saved

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

well to be very honest cummings is very hit or miss!! first off I will say they do seem to stand behind thier stuff. next for the price some of the stuff is a good deal.
    HOWEVER some is NOT. I went to buy a chop saw. they had recon ryobi , I got it hame and the brushes were a ball of fire !!! so I took them out and they were worn so low that they no longer touched the armature , result ball of fire.. I brought it back and told the guy and he gladly swaped it out. well.. I took it out of the box and tried it rite their result was another ball of fire. I removed the brushes and the same thing compleatly worn out , burnt and stuck. they only had one more so I looked at the brushes and it was the same. yes I could buy new brushes but why should I. so I decided to upgrade to the ridgid brand, about 50% more money. brushes looked good so I paid up and left . I trird it soon as I got home and it was definatly a better tool , workes great!! BUT when I was at home depot I saw the very same saw for about 20 bucks more and it came with a lifetime guarentee. I think I should have got it from H.D. ..
    next I wanted a press . the same one you are looking for , the 12 ton. I showed up in the morning and the guy said sorry no press in stock, BUT three will be here in the restocking truck this afternoon. so I waisted all day and went back in the afternoon when the restock truck was still their. the guy remembered me from the morning and all the running around with the chop saw ! he said bad news, NO press on the truck.!! well I let him know I was not thrilled at all after hanging around all day , after a bit of "discussion" he offered to sell me the 20 ton for the price of the 12 ton. not too bad , and honestly all he could realy do. I personaly prefer the 12 ton because of the simpal design , it uses a jack that is easy and cheap to swap out. the 20 ton has a seperate pump and ram. great when it works BUT if it takes a dum pricy to fix.
    we bought some bird feeders = good deal , a hammak = good deal, 500w replacement bulbs = good deal. genuine Revere ware = good deal, disposable cammeras = good deal. SO I guess my best advise would be to be carefull ! and anything that can go wrong TRY IT OUT ASAP , definatly before they move along!!

P.S. 20 ton press works very good . I am very happy with it !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I picked up the 12 press on sale for 49.99 when they came to town. for the money I paid it was a good deal, but I would stick to habour freight for 99. took alittle of tweaking to tight it up. good luck.

Feedback Score

Default press

I purchased one of thier 20 ton presses a couple of years ago at a truckload sale for 149.00 (after much bargaining) and it has performed great and built many an ak. If you can get one at a good price, I recomend it.
    P.S.
    The tonnage pressure dial on the 20 ton press really helps on riviting so you know how much pressure is being applied and dont over do it and ruin a trunnion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I had one of the Cummins Tools 12 ton shop presses for at least a year and a half before I bought one of the 20 ton presses. I bent the crap out of that shop press taking out barrel pins and one Yugo barrel that didn't want to move.

When you see those trailers you will see what I used to do.... I cut out and installed the lettering on quite a few of those trailers. Now they do it in house... so much for the good money.
    http://www.ak-builder.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The pellet rifle an pistol are a good deal at $19.95 each.
    Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.