Thread: Finally got a 12 ton press:)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Finally got a 12 ton press:)

Oh man, I finally got a HF 12 ton press today & it is wonderful.....sure beats beating the shit out of barrel pins & barrels with a BFH. This press makes it so much easier. I got lucky on my first romy build the pin & barrel popped out no prob with a hammer....my AMD65 & my other 2 romys were giving me hell....thats what made me go & buy a press today, they came out so easy...I love it! just gotta wait for my receivers to get in now. Wish I had it for my yugo build.

Feedback Score

mcamp, press was my favorite purchase of all the tools.. looks great in its orange glory. Works good too - i wish the arbor plates were machined flat - but hey..

Congrats! pings pretty loud when the pin pops.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Sure makes it much more fun having the right tools for the job. Congrats on your new addition

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

you'll find a dozen other things to use the press for. probably find out you have some new friends too. how was the fit ? is there much play in the push plate or table ?

Lurking Troll Camper UrbanCountryBumpkin's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If you got the A-frame press, run out and replace the upper bolts with the best you can find. The jack is stronger then the cheap bolts included and if you press hard enough your liable to have them snap and there'll be metal parts and jacks flying through the air. Don't ask me how I know because it's pretty obviouos!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is my favorite tool puchase so far....makes things alot easier I dont curse as much...lol....there is some play but it still does the job. It did make a popping noise when the pins moved...those suckers ware really stuck in their....barrels came out smooth.

Thanks guys....I was happy I finally got one & had tell everyone. Another step closer to having all the right tools for the job.WAHOO

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

yep, won't be long before you have a cache of tools to build the evil AK with!!

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The right tools make an AK build more fun & less of a chore; plus it is safer for your fingers & eyes in the long run!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.