Gunco Forums banner

Have a Harbor Freight lath question for if you would ...

710 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Winn R 
#1 ·
Have a Harbor Freight question for if you would ... I bought a lath from them and i keep having trouble with it not starting or running for a few then not starting up again ...the first one i got didnt run but a few minutes and shut down ... This one being the second one and still having trouble with it ...Has anyone had the same trouble with them ...Help thank you

#3 ·
Dont think it is that hot the first one ran with no load about 3 minutes took it back then this new one we ran with a load , about 5 minutes then it shut down .. Let it sit over nite it started right up ran it without a load for about 45 minutes ... off and on reversing it and then forward again and it ran fine ... put a load on it and ran it for half an hour shut it off and now it doesnt start up again ... This is the 7X10 was going to just take it back again and get another one but they should be better then this ... Or even trading up to a 8X12 , was hoping someone had this trouble before so i could get the better of the two or a trick or a way to work it out ....Thank you for your help everyone

#5 ·
I'd take it back and get another one, if this does the same thing go back and bitch to the manager and try to get the bigger one even up or with a really good discount.

Just my thoughts.

#6 ·
Sounds like a touchy switch. Or poor power that is burning out the motor or control circuit. Does the power flicker or brown-out?

Possibly a dumb question - are you plugged directly into the wall or a power strip?

A few additional ideas:
- weak circuit breaker
- flaky switch
- loose plug
- flaky power strip

#7 ·
I'm not familiar with the small ones. Jerry's idea is good, check the imput voltage.

But I'm with Coils, the QC on those is questionable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.